MIFI LTE very slow

The module has 3 connectors, Main, Diversity and GPS. You can attach a GPS antenna to the module and get a signal for position. Not recommended as it is a very basic feature, not supported by GL and very weak.

You can ignore the GPS connector and just use the Main + Diversity.

You need to order 4G antennas if you want better 4G reception, you can’t just use any antenna, it must be 900mhz, 1800mhz and 2100mhz tuned.

Also as Alfie wrote, with wireless devices, you must NEVER power it on without an antenna. The module will give out power, and since there is no antenna to send the power out from, it will send the power back to itself, burning up. For testing on a bench with power on, the correct way is to use a “dummy load” plug.

Ah OK! I was curious on the GPS. But I did not know about the power out! Thank you! One last thing, I removed the external antennas and plugged the wire labelled 4 back to plug 3 is that correct?

And do you have any suggestion on the antennas that are worth getting? Or will these work?
https://store.gl-inet.com/products/2dbi-wi-fi-antenna?variant=12121088950366

Yes those would work. You want to get 2 of them to use the diversity of the 4G Module.

You can also find some antennas on amazon too, just find 4G LTE antennas, up to 5dbi.

You are in Europe. If you want to get the absolute best signal possible, you can find what 4G bands your operator is using, and what frequencies, then get an antenna that can handle only those frequencies. Antennas that are only made for 1 frequency are much better than antennas that are made to handle a few different ones. So you could have 1 antenna in the Main connector for for say 2100mhz and another in the Diversity connector with just say 1800mhz (this will depend on your frequencies of your operator ofc):

I have received the antennas and according to GL the cable hooks up to pin 3 see above. I want to hook up the second antenna but which pin? Since the instructions are not consistent.

You connect one to the u.fl connector named “Main” and the other to the connector named “Div”. Nothing goes in the GNSS port.

Sorry I did not see the labels.

My mifi give me 5mbps, can I return it?

Now I have the antennas installed 2 of them! Do I need to have them connected at all time while the unit is ON? If not will I run into the risk of burning out the chip?

You must have the main antenna connected, the diversity is optional.

Hello Johnex,

can you please recommend two antennas for mit MiFi.

This are my Cell Details:

|Cell Identifier|3337741| |—|—|
|System Subtype|LTE|
|PCI|24 (8/0)|
|EARFCN|3350|
|Maximum Signal (RSRP)|-66 dBm|
|Direction|N (345°)|
|First Seen|Di. 18. Dez. 2018|
|Last Seen|Di. 24. Sept. 2019|
|Bandwidth*|20 MHz|
|Uplink Frequency|2560 MHz|
|Downlink Frequency|2680 MHz|
|Frequency Band|IMT-E (B7 FDD)|

Kind regards

If you are sure that you are only using Band 7 (B7 FDD) then something like this will work:

https://www.amazon.com/VizGiz-B593S-850-Wireless-External-Connector/dp/B07C9RCFXD/

Just search for a 4G antenna that can handle 2600mhz.

Thanks!

I think this is right. I use the o2 provider in germany. I got this from cellmapper.

The seller doesn’t send to Germany.
Can you send me a link from a seller who ships to Germany please?

My problem is: I have read that you recommend to use a antenna that only supports one Frequenz, for me this would be 2600.

But I don’t find an antenna from a seller who ships to Germany.

Thanks!

Yeah i recommend a narrow band antenna because it will be tuned better to that frequency you want. It will be more sensitive and won’t listen to a lot of surrounding noise. What happens with a wide band antenna is that is supports a wider band but at the same time less efficiently.

I couldn’t find a seller in Germany that has a 2600mhz only antenna but here is one close enough:

https://www.amazon.de/Leluckly1-Multifunktional-erfüllen-unterschiedliche-Bedürfni-Weiß/dp/B07YJWMNWF/

Thank you very much!

I ordered this and will try it. At the moment i only got 2 mbps :/.

I will message here again, when I received the antennas.

Hello,

today I recieved the antennas, but sorry, I don’t unterstand how to bring them on.

Do you have a instruction manual for me?

Big thanks

pls write to cs at gl-inet.com and guys will send you a guide.

what? Ep06-e doesn’t support 1 + 3 combination. 1 + 1 and 3 + 3 can’t be locked. Automatic carrier within the aggregation range. I don’t know if the parameters are wrong. There are several more Ca bands in ep06-apac, so the firmware should not be universal, right? How do you unlock 1 + 3?

Exactly this… These devices are very expensive plus you pay a lot of import / duty on them through DHL. My dice (Puli) was $150 USD + Shipping + Duty = well over $230 CAD.

Not sure about speed but for this price it should perform well.

You can save money on shipping cost if you use a service like fishisfast:

Can anyone recommend antennas and send me the guide to install external LTE antennas?

Based on the info in previous posts, it looks like it is recommended to opt for a single band antenna, but how can I make sure that I choose the best one, based on my carrier more common frequencies? Supposing that frequencies like 2600Mhz (supported where I live) are most commonly found in metropolitan places and given I want to use the ML-MiFi on the go, wouldn’t it be better to have a more versatile antenna?

Thank you!