MT1300 (Beryl) now has 4.x firmware in beta (4.1.0 beta 3 is out)

Yep, it looks good that this Fw is still in dev and not frozen at 4.1.0b3.
What are changelog?
Thx U.
Fred

Start here: 4.2.3 Beta Firmware Release Notes: GL-AXT1800 Slate AX, GL-AX1800 Flint

Thank you elorimer,

But it seems it’s not for beryl/MT1300 and FW is 4.2.3b1… seaching for 4.3.2b1 target router :wink:

You can see at the free storage space…
Beryl has only 32 MB total. We don’t want to remove the network storage either, but the device is really not free of space.

Hi and thanks for the reply!
If I understand it correctly now, in future releases the Beryl wont be able to utilize its own sd card or is it just temporary? Otherwise the sd card slot will be useless and users as I do use the slot.

Just installed from V4.1.0b3 to V4.3.2b1…

20230609_135706

:grin:

Can I have the link where you found it please? Thank you!

Version: 4.3.2 beta1
https://dl.gl-inet.com/?model=mt1300&type=beta

This link changes when a update is made to the Firmware download page.

Thank you, I am familiar with the download section. However I did installed the latest beta and rolled back to 4.1.0 b3 because its supports network storage. If 4.2.2 had the same function I would like this version but dont know where to find it

I have done the same thing because of network storage

We will try to refactor the network storage module to install it on older products. But not in version 4.3.2.

I took my Beryl traveling and found that my Sonos Roam was not seen by my Sonos app. Is there a confit change I need to make? This worked fine in v3.

Is it possible to get additional applications unlocked (network storage, adGuard, Parental Control, Tailscale) for those of us that run 4.3.2. with extroot?
How to add official openwrt feeds for missing packages?

They were removed on older products not because of storage space, but because the CPU couldn’t handle the load.

1 Like

Is it possible to get them back for experimental use?

Network Storage is scheduled to be rebuilt and will be included in the official firmware when the rebuilds are complete.
No other features are planned for adaptation.
You should be able to install AdGuard Home by yourself.

1 Like

@jjross I would check to see what port your Sonos app uses to connect to your Sonos Roam alot of times the port apps use is also used by something else preventing their default communication when traveling.

There shouldn’t be any firewall rules blocking inter-LAN communication between devices so Im not sure that’s the issue.

The Sonos forum seems to indicate that they use SSDP for discovery so perhaps multicast traffic is being blocked or dropped on wifi.

1 Like

I am running the Mudi and really like the V4 beta so far, is there away to add Network Storage back? I use that for device transfers and for storage on the go.

We added it to the repository. You can install it in plug-ins.