Need your help in testing Flint 2 (GL-MT6000) new beta firmware v4.5.7

How often is this happening for you? What are your WiFi settings? E.g. channel, bandwith, encryption, wifi band, etc.

I lost internet connection on some devices today, I rebooted the router and now itā€™s working, I kept settings while updating the v4.5.7 betas, not sure what happened :thinking:

1 Like

When this happens, you need to share the log here

I couldnā€™t, I was sending a huge work project and needed connection ASAPā€¦ next time I will

v4.5.7 dockerd canā€™t be installed ā€œcannot find dependency kmod-dmā€.
serious problem, being able to run docker is the main reason to get GL-MT6000 for the 1gb memory

1 Like

v4.5.6. wifi speed drops to almost freezing for 1-2 seconds every 30-60 seconds. does not affect file transfer, browsing, but making network gaming not playable at all.

v4.5.7 (3/4/2024) fixed it. hope it stays this way.

You should research better, :person_facepalming:

Please save us the crying about something you canā€™t install/run because your lack of research before you buy it contact CS and request a return, just my two cents :person_shrugging:

better keep your two cents to yourself then.

1 Like

Can we please stick to the main topic?
The repos are often broken inside the beta builds - but itā€™s not about testing something like docker, itā€™s about testing if the main features are fully working now.

1 Like

If there is a scope for testing pls indicate so. Otherwise, one would assume testing the full spectrum of fountion. We are not beta testing a product in development. Customer is asked to beta testing a product commerically sold a few months ago that turns out to be broken because of insufficient beta test bedore its release.

3 Likes

The current scope is normal usage by using the GL functions that are provides out-of-the-box.
Wi-Fi is the most important thing, second by speed all in all.

@alex_zheng

Is it normal, that the WiFi wireguard download speed is around 200 Mbit lower than the Ethernet wireguard speed?

It likes a bug. We will check tomorrow.

Hi everyone, has ppoe been fixed?
when I had the beta I didnā€™t exceed 1000 in dw and 1000 in up.
my offer is 2500 /1000 with 4.5.6 Iā€™m going to exploit it all

Try to disable and re-enable the Hardware Acceleration, I have the same problem at every reboot.
I think thatā€™s a bug.

I went back to 4.5.6 because I donā€™t use wifi.
I have 4 u7-pro

1 Like

Just for information, with this 4.5.7 you are back to a very old kernel and version of luci, the wireless configuration in luci is broken now and I cannot see many options that were there before, also in luci I cannot see anymore the data about connected clients like speed, dbm, etc.

Do you plan to go like this for all the next releases, I mean with this kernel and this broken luci?
Please tell me because Iā€™m luckily still in time to send the router back.

Best Reagrds,
Mario

1 Like

Sent it back, what you mentioned donā€™t going to change on the near future

Theyā€™re going to release a firmware version based on OpenWrt 23 but not this year probably, maybe the end of the year who knows but I doubt it

I also own a axt1800 slate ax, to this also was promised kernel 5 but Iā€™m still waiting. Once upon a time there was a beta (that was working badly) but now even that one is gone.
So I suppose they intend to base even they flagship new routers on a 4.x kernel that was basically built from another generation. That is not good especially for security. I also saw they changed the product description on the web site about the flint 2 and now say openwrt 21 and kernel 5.4 and even that is not true because the new 4.5.7 has an old 4.x.x kernel! It is a kernel from 2016 cā€™mon it is almost 10 years old and they do not even use the lts one. For this flint 2 there is luckily the option to put plain openwrt snapshot on it but for the slate ax there is no options, that means that when their shallow support ends I will have to throw it away since it is not supported by openwrt directly.
I will send it back to Amazon this week.
Another interesting fact is that they released a router with an openwrt version and a kernel version and then after a while they put it another very old one on it and for them this is normal. I never saw anyting like this in all my life (Iā€™m 51) no IT company that I know of as ever downgraded they own OS after launch! My sincere compliments to Gl.inet, you are the first guys.

3 Likes