New firmware version 4.6 being released for beta testing

Would be nice to see on the release notes the “Known bugs”. In this way we can see what you are working on.

Uh …beta phase is a bit more cluttered with small issues and our internal explanatory text is not very standardized. :rofl:Pictures and recordings more … I don’t think the text is easy to read.

5 Likes

Maybe you can send it to me via PM and I’ll try to make it more easy understandable? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I like the dated list of changes in the snapshot release notes. No need to make that more easy understandable.

2 Likes

This new firmware seems to be working fine so far on my beryl ax, thanks!

I had problems with the intial 4.5 firmware and was using the open source 4.6 snapshot i’ve found here in the forums, which was working mostly fine but there was an initial latency when accesing sites.

I’ve found out my power supply providing power to the beryl ax was the main culprit of the seemingly reboots I had.
For some reason on the open source driver firmware, the problem was less apparent than with the closed source driver. I still had reboots, but less frequently than with the 4.5 stable firmware.

Yesterday after upgrading to the beta firmware from here, I had some issues again and read that it might be the power supply and voila, I’ve been on my PD Powerbank for 2 hours now on the newest Beta and haven’t had any random reboots when loading heavy data.

Came home today and my Slate AX seems to be bricked, running the Beta firmware for the last few days. Reset button has no effect. Will dig up a ethernet adapter later and try to recover using the Uboot process.

The unit seems to boot, but the LED turns off after a while. No wifi networks show up (using it in repeater mode).

Tried a soft reset (4 seconds), no results. Tried a hard reset (10 seconds powered on), no results.

Hello.

Would it be possible to have the snaphot 4.6 FW available for the AR750S Slate in the same way that the GL-MT300N-V2 Mango has it in the download center?

Thank you.

They were not in the first list, so sorry no. We won’t be upgrading all models at the same time.
The Mango should get upgraded soon after the first models complete the beta phase.

On this version, when I enable “AdGuard Home Handle Client Requests” the VPN client based on domain name keeps working normally, but when I reboot the router it stops working. Also the option “Allow Custom DNS to Override VPN DNS” doesn’t do anything, enabled or disabled the router always uses my custom DNS, not the VPN DNS.

However, once I disabled “AdGuard Home Handle Client Requests” and reboot the router, the VPN Client based on domain started working and the “Allow Custom DNS to Override VPN DNS” option did take effect and I was able to decide if I wanted to use the VPN DNS or my custom one. Worked normally.

So, is this the normal behavior? I guess AdGuard override everything, it’s nice to let AdGuard handle client requests because I can see which device is doing more request and have more control instead of the localhost data it displays.
For the test I used https://ipleak.net/ and its domain added on the VPN Policy.

I left my Slate AX unplugged overnight. Plugged it in this AM and it booted up and I was able to join its Wifi network. This is really odd as I had press and held the reset button last night, but it doesn’t seem to have worked. All the settings etc are still there.

I’ve attached the log files.
logread.tar (619 KB)

Sounds like Bug. We will check it.

• Allow Custom DNS to Override VPN DNS Disabled →
    The DNS in the VPN profile should be used anyway and the domain name policy should be working.

• AdGuard Home Handle Client Requests Disabled and Allow Custom DNS to Override VPN DNS Enabled →
    The router preprocesses DNS requests and the domain name policy should be working.

• AdGuard Home Handle Client Requests Enabled and Allow Custom DNS to Override VPN DNS Enabled →
    The router does not process DNS requests, and the domain name policy should not be working.

If Allow Custom DNS to Override VPN DNS is disabled instead, the domain name policy would work right?
I also tried on the MT3000 just to make sure and it has the same behavior I commented, I’ll test more

@yuxin.zou There is a bug in the current version of gl-cloud - it can’t connect.

Solved by downgrading to old version of gl-cloud, but it should be fixed anyway.

Allow Custom DNS to Override VPN DNS will not cause the domain policy to not work. Enabling AdGuard Home Handle Client Requests may cause the domain policy to not work.

If Allow Custom DNS to Override VPN DNS disabled, AdGuard Home Handle Client Requests enabled will also not work for requests sent to the VPN, so the domain policy should still work.

Copy that, we’ll try to reproduce it.

1 Like

I have this problem regarding adguard, in the previous version none of this happened.

It works until I reboot the router, I can confirm AdGuard Home Handle Client Requests enabled causes some issues on the VPN domain name based after rebooting, I hope you can recreate it.

For some reason, the Allow Custom DNS to Override VPN DNS does the opposite on my Beryl AX and Flint 2.
With AdGuard Home Handle Client Requests disabled on both
When Allow Custom DNS to Override VPN DNS is disabled, VPN Client based on domain name the MT6000 shows the VPN DNS, but the MT3000 shows my custom DNS, When enabled on both, the MT6000 shows my custom DNS and the MT3000 shows the VPN DNS. The policy was working, based in the public IP, but this was the DNS behavior.
Both with Only AdGuard enabled, and a DNS over HTTPS on AdGuard, but it shouldn’t matter, and using OpenVPN protocol.

It would be nice if GL.iNet had some kind of inbuilt adlist function like Mikrotik have just added to RouterOS 7.15

https://help.mikrotik.com/docs/display/ROS/DNS

RDT_20240515_2024444511111932775291815

@yuxin.zou
I know that Mango and Shadow are not yet listed as supported - but there is a snapshot version of 4.6 for them. Both devices can’t find Wi-Fi with WebUI on 4.6, the lua (?) script for searching failes and exists.

3 Likes

Does anyone else have the problem of all Ethernet connections crashing with this firmware?
WiFi, on the other hand, works correctly

1 Like