New firmware version 4.6 being released for beta testing

This seems to be fixed on the latest snapshot on the MT3000, with the option Allow Custom DNS to Override VPN DNS disabled now the MT3000 shows the VPN DNS instead of the custom DNS, using VPN based on domain name.

However, when Allow Custom DNS to Override VPN DNS is disabled, as soon as I enable AdGuard Home Handle Client Requests the router starts using the custom DNS on the VPN Client based on domain name, and when I reboot it still stops working, and I see my ISP IP and my custom DNS instead of the VPN IP, AND VPN DNS, so that one is likely not resolved

4.6 been really stable for me for the last 8 hours with medium/light load on the MT-6000

1 Like

I'm tempted to try it out. Is the 4.6 release based on 23.05 or the older version of OpenWRT?

Older version.
OpenWrt 21.02-SNAPSHOT, r15812+1073-46b6ee7ffc

GoodCloud completely broken on the beta but appears to be working on alpha (snapshot). Go figure.

My MT6000 it's a AP for the time been, so goodcloud it's not something that worries me right now :call_me_hand:

1 Like

Thanks, we'll check this again.
It looks like something went wrong with the booting. It should obviously remain consistent after a reboot.

To GL.iNet Staff

I see that in the Repeater section you have added MAC address randomization options for this network and these are the options

• Factory
  • Clone
  • Random
    The only thing I'm missing is the Custom option, which was useful here.

Another thing that would be useful is to go to the WIRELESS section (Wifi networks of the GL-iNet router) and be able to change the MAC of these networks (Normal and Guests).
It could look like this: after clicking "Modify", you could choose the options for the MAC address you want this network to use, and these could be:

• Factory
  • Random
  • Custom

I hope my DHCP bug gets fixed in 4.6 :expressionless: DHCP reserved IP does Not immediately apply IP change set for specific non-static device mac address

1 Like

You can choose to clone and manually enter the MAC address of your client device.
This input box + down list UI component is really not intuitive enough, we will optimize it later.

We have seen a similar need and are discussing it.

2 Likes

After upgrading my Beryl AX from yesterday's snapshot (0520) to today's (0521), Repeater mode fails to connect to both existing and new WiFi networks. (I'm testing this at home.)

The Logs show:

Mon May 20 20:06:53 2024 daemon.err gl-repeater[2836]: (repeater.lua:287) connect timeout
Mon May 20 20:06:53 2024 daemon.info gl-repeater[2836]: (repeater-mtk.lua:468) remove "apclix0" from wwan
Mon May 20 20:06:53 2024 daemon.notice netifd: Interface 'wwan' is disabled
Mon May 20 20:06:53 2024 kern.debug kernel: [  751.300369] SetApCliEnableByWdev: I/F(apcli1) (enable = 0)
Mon May 20 20:06:53 2024 daemon.info gl-repeater[2836]: (repeater.lua:955) switch in 30 seconds...
Mon May 20 20:06:53 2024 daemon.info gl-repeater[2836]: (repeater.lua:364) check status exited
Mon May 20 20:06:53 2024 daemon.info gl-repeater[2836]: (repeater-mtk.lua:365) listen event exited

I'll try to downgrade. Let me know if more logs would be helpful, and how I can filter the relevant ones.

1 Like

I tested the repeater mode and it connected and worked for me, did you keep settings? I didn’t, never keep settings while testing snapshots, even betas

Great I’ll keep testing the future snapshots

Thank you -- I had indeed kept my settings, I'll remember that for the future. I've now successfully downgraded to the previous snapshot and the repeater is working again. I'll stay there for the moment -- I'll need the improved captive portal support on my upcoming trip.

1 Like

Upgraded from 4.6 (proprietary) to this version without keeping settings

Initial testing:
2.4ghz still performs slower with non-ax mobile device compared to the proprietary version. (6mbps / 30mbps)

IPv6 doesn't work for me

The diagram UI is broken:

I installed this version and everything seems fine and here!

@GL.iNet Staff the version from @pesa1234 works very well, why don't you try to use QAM-256 activateable in Luci and the others in the description!

4 Likes

unfortunately it is not stable as I would like, when I was testing it there were several high latency/ping spikes in online games, soon after returning to 4.5.8 the problem was resolved.

1 Like