New Firmware?

I thought I fixed this in v2.26

this list all devices it tries to communicate. So there are some devices in the WAN is listed but doesn’t mean these devices is in the LAN.

This is certainly the case, also because I have activated the MAC address filter, among other things. However, it should be corrected for a cleaner job :slight_smile:

Best regards

sorry alfie … this ones no good. I see lots of leaking w. the VPN going on. I connect to VPN, and go to ipchicken.com or dnsleaktest.com and it shows my isp ip address, not the vpn. In this case I was using my cell phone as a hotspot to connect the AR300M to. I downloaded the .tar file from the link posted and uploaded manually, and removed the checkbox to retain settings. Even tried a full reset, just incase something stuck around.

Also, in custom DNS, i put my VPN server’s internal DNS address (192.168.x.x). However, when I hit apply on that the tunnel resets. And now that it can’t reach the dns, I get host not found error on the vpn. If i slide the switch back to the right, the vpn doesn’t connect.

I think 2.24 was the most table version, for me. 2.25 had a lot of issues, and 2.26 seems more of a beta .

@AxeBro,

For the switch button, if you don’t set up the function in the main UI, it should just have no function. If you bind it with openvpn, when moved to the right, it will disable openvpn. You cannot even start openvpn when the switch is on the right side.

For DNS leaks, I think it is a problem of all versions. If you set up DNS server, try not to use the internal DNS server. Because if you set that, before connecting to the VPN server, the DNS cannot be resolved at all. So cannot connected. The ovpn files should contains IP address rather than domain names.

Your VPN service provider should have a public DNS server IP and you need to use that.

Alfie - i don’t think I had this issue with the 2.24 version. I might go back to that despite the CSRF exploit.

@AxeBro, I still don’t suggest you to use v2.24 as the security issue.

2.261:
Are we going to get a tutorial (or at least an explanation) for:
ShadowSocks
DNS-Forwarder
China DNS

Regards,
Glitch

@Glitch

looks like sometihng related to bypassing the greatfirewall.

If you use Chrome, just right click on the page and hit translate.

let’s forget about the greatfirewall thing.

Shadowsocks is a socket proxy. You can start a server in your home and start a client in your travel router. It is light weight and faster than openvpn.

We didn’t have time to make the UI. But it is easy to configure.

How to configure the shadowsocks in the current firmware? Sorry im a newbie :frowning: . I see there’s a plan for Shadowsocks UI in the upcomming firmware. Is there a beta for this? or when will be released? Thanks

Kedalion, would you be able to clarify how you connected to the eduroam network wirelessly? I have an AR300M

@joffling: The main issue was an old (and bugged) version of wpad. Currently, I have version 2016-01-15-2 and that works.

As for the precise way… hmmm… it’s been some time. If I recall correctly, you need to uninstall ‘wpad-mini’ and install ‘wpad’ through the advanced menu under software. As said above, you need at least version 2016-01-15-2 for wpa2 to work properly for eduroam. Then with that you simply enter your credentials and security settings according to the howto for setting up eduroam that your university provides. Usually the version for android or linux tells you the actual settings instead of providing a setup wizard. For me it was WPA2-EAP, TTLS, MSCHAPV2, ‘auto’ for cipher (not sure about this one) for security settings.

Hope that helps you set it up.

UPDATE: After finding and manually installing the newer wpad ipk file I was able to connect with minimal issue. Thank you for your help!

My only question is why does the broken wpad package come with the newest firmware…

I really appreciate the reply,

I am running the latest firmware (2.264) but I see that my wpad version is 2016-01-15-1 so it looks like that is the issue. When I run opkg it says wpad is up to date (15-1), so how would I go about manually updating to 15-2?

To clarify the issue: Currently I try and connect to the network through LUCI (either by scan or manual input), but once the settings are applied I lose connection to the console. The wifi light turns off or keeps flashing, either way I can’t reconnect even when doing the 3 second reset. So every time I have to factory reset. I can connect to non EAP networks with no issue.

So 2016-15-1 does not work? Which version did you install in the end?

2016-15-1 doesn’t work with WPA-EAP networks. I installed 2016-15-2 and despite a few glitches with the UI it connected with very little effort.