Ordering MIFI v3

e326916775af5a9776b5155b104cc137fd462ecf_2_1380x788

Hello
This is the new MIFI v3 correct?
Is it possible to order it?
Thank you.

Sorry, you can’t order it now. This new product is still in internal testing and will be released soon. You can pay attention to our official website in time.

Thank you for your feedback.
The new Mifi has been discussed by devs on this website as early as June 2018, more than a year ago, then December 2018 :slight_smile:

I would like to purchase a battery powered wifi hotspot ideally with 5ghz and built-in 4g LTE, with openwrt.
Can you share with us a timeline for the release?
Some will be willing to enter a “hobbyist” program, like you did with AR300MD, in case there are issues to iron out :slight_smile:

Thank you.

We will release by the end of this year. It is now in my bag and I carry it everyday for testing.

3 Likes

Thank you for your feedback @alzhao :slight_smile:

Looking forward to carry it in my bag as well :slight_smile:

If you ever decide to run a beta tester production run, I would be willing to participate by purchasing a unit and providing feedback.

Thanks for the update. Does it still support pci-e wwan modules? If so will it support M.2 form factor or it is now embedded?

@janver22
I have a question: when you say pcie wwan do you mean the mini connector or the interface?
I have been actively trying to procure an LTE module that would work on an SBC through pcie interface rather than USB. Can you suggest one?

Thank you.

@aljazzair, Sorry, I was meaning the connector itself and it is USB since I own the current GL-MiFi with an EP06 module. I was just wondering if we still have the option to choose different modules and if it would also support m.2 connector in USB mode on the upcoming latest version of the MiFi.

1 Like

It is still pcie modules.

2 Likes

Browsing through the source it looks like it will sport

• 16 MB NOR
  • 256 MB NAND
  • QCA MIPS SoC
  • Possibly Quectel EC200T 21/5.76 Mbps HSPA+ modem, perhaps along with the current EC-25/EP-06 offerings.

Anything more you can reveal at this time?

Sneaky sneaky. There should be more info shortly, i would say in the next few weeks hopefully :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It will be released soon.:wink:

1 Like

It can be matched with bluetooth module
128*64 OLED

2 Likes

Hope WiFi gets really improved as well like have dual band. 150M is really weak these days. My EP06 on great signal areas caps at about 80Mbps but can possibly reach higher if the WiFi is not a bottleneck. A bonus if we get a gigabit ethernet. :rofl:

Finally the product is live on the website.
when can we order and how?

There will be an update about it soon :smiley:

3 Likes

I’m looking at the page: Internet - GL.iNet Docs
It shows about connection for internet and use LAN port as WAN port… I’m assuming using the attachment cable.

Have a basic question:
Will this v3 (like v2) allow simultaneous usage of WAN and LAN at the same time i.e. connect to a WAN via ethernet cable, and connect to laptop via ethernet too. Please confirm.

At lot of places, either due to security issues or due to available speed/bandwidth, I just sometimes like to rely on hardwired connections.

The Mudi will only have a single port that can be switched between either WAN or LAN, but not at the same time, as it is stated in the manual link you saw.

Very excited to order this. Two questions:

1. is the mpcie modem swappable? Looking to add 2G fallback capability
  2. can the USB A port be used to charge other devices?
  1. Yes you can change the pcie module. But you need to open the product and be careful with the antennas

2. Yes you can. It is for urgent charging your phone but do not use it as a power bank daily. It charge slow because it has to reserve enough power for itself. If you turn it off it will charge quicker.

1 Like