PoE requirement for Convexa B-1300

Hi,

I’ve been looking about for the PoE (power over ethernet) options for the Convexa B-1300. But there doesn’t seem to be much information about it. Any information would help.

I already have four B-1300 devices. I would like to power a few of these devices with PoE.

I can see from a number of posts that:

I can see from the technical specifications that the unit is listed as consuming less than 7W.

I am thinking of using a PoE injector/splitter to power the convexa (without needing the PoE module)? Say a splitter like this. I assume this is fine.

Is standard PoE fine for the B1300? Rather than needing PoE+? As tech specs list the unit as only needing <= 7W? (In case I buy a switch with PoE support)

Cheers

I bought this some time ago (made in China) and it was able to power a 1Gbps switch, but Ethernet was only at 100Mbps:

I do not work for and I do not have formal association with GL.iNet

Thanks @wcs2228 yeah I will probably end up buying something like that.

I was informed by Gl-inet sales via email that they do not have any PoE modules or models available for the B1300 due to ‘chip shortages’ for the PoE chip. Which is disappointing.

I was able to find [OpenWrt Wiki] GL.iNet GL-B1300 that the POE module would apparently support 802.3at - if I could get my hands on the module.

I think this might be a picture of the PoE module which I found in the FCC listing in a photos document. The FCC holds the schematics of the board but they are marked as permanently confidential which makes sense.

Screenshot 2022-03-08 at 15.47.03

It would be nice if Gl-inet published this sort of information rather than relying on third-party sites like OpenWrt, the FCC, or Wikicat to some of the hardware information for the B1300. Oh well.

In fact, I can find a module that looks very like that here https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001962914591.html

I think this one might work…

Those modules are available online if you Google for “poe module” and are not too expensive, but I do not know if they are in stock. They come in different voltages and I think the GL-B1300 is 12V. You also need a PoE injector or a PoE switch for power supply.

The AliExpress device is labelled DP9700-5V POE module, but the description states 12V ??

I do not work for and I do not have formal association with GL.iNet