Products End of Life (EOL) Notice

I agree. With such strong hardware, I’m surprised it won’t get v4.

3 Likes

For the next gen of Brume, we can support V4 and latest OpenWrt.

But the current brume has better hardware than others with 4.x already

1 Like

That’s why I bought five more I was able to find on Amazon when I learned they were end of life. It’s a great platform and sad to see it discontinued on account of chip shortages.

3 Likes

It’s BS to drive new sales of new devices, that’s what it its

The GL-MV1000 Brume chipset is in shortage and very hard to find, we have no choice but to set it to be discontinued. The replacement option is here: GL-MT2500 / Brume 2 - GL.iNet

In my opinion it seems inferior to the current brume

3 Likes

Based on specifications:

Good:

• ~50% faster OpenVPN and WireGuard speeds
  • One 2.5Gbps Ethernet port (is this for LAN?)
  • USB 3.0 port
  • Updated 21.02 OpenWRT firmware

Not so good:

• No SD card slot
  • Only 1 LAN + 1 WAN Ethernet port
  • No preinstalled AdGuard Home
  • Only slightly, not significantly smaller size

EDIT:
GL.iNet has updated their specs page to include AdGuard Home and Tor Anonymity.

I do not work for and I do not have formal association with GL.iNet

2 Likes

Thank you for the feature breakdown. Only thing I’d really miss is that 3rd Ethernet-as-LAN port.

1 Like

Will it remain to be supported with the new firmware versions? I have two bought within the past 2 years and it would frankly be quite disturbing if they end up in the bin due to lack of development within such a short space of time.

1 Like

AdGuard Home will be pre-installed in Brume 2

You should add Adguard Home to the specs on the Brume 2 page.

Tor is not also not in the specs.

we will updated both features on the page asap

I feel your pain. I have 100 cellular modem cards on order and have no idea when or if they will ship. I finally found a different one that supposedly works with openWRT and ordered a dozen for testing.

When you’re making equipment on a large scale and the chips aren’t available it sucks.

1 Like

Thanks for the breakdown, but it still seems inferior, it looks like it’s going to be a hard pass for me

GL-USB150 is amazing, its like a 2nd wifi card which is simply plug-n-play.

I hope you’ll produce a replacement, as theres really on equivalent on the market. It reduces 2 cables (usb & eth) to literally 0 cables. Pretty please? :slight_smile:

PS. Dont steal CTRL+F from the browser, its “find on page” not “find on website”. Also, dynamic rendering kills find on page. Just dont, like what, Im supposed to manually read the whole page? Do you?

5 Likes

Offtopic but please read more carefully next time as well:

3 Likes

Wow! I didn’t know this either.

Any replacement product for the usb150 mentioned yet? I really wanted this :cry:

1 Like

Not yet. It is too slow in the future. but to increase the speed we will have to increase the size of the new product.
Can you tell us in what scenarios you use the USB150? Or maybe you just think the mini router is too big?