Products End of Life (EOL) Notice

I still cannot promise now.

2 Likes

Since I got the router, it has barely been 2 years since the kickstarter campaign is now rubbish if we do not get v4 , Estimated delivery

Sep 2020

3 Likes

Hello!
When will this replacement for Brume be available? Any scheduled date?

I agree. With such strong hardware, Iā€™m surprised it wonā€™t get v4.

3 Likes

For the next gen of Brume, we can support V4 and latest OpenWrt.

But the current brume has better hardware than others with 4.x already

1 Like

Thatā€™s why I bought five more I was able to find on Amazon when I learned they were end of life. Itā€™s a great platform and sad to see it discontinued on account of chip shortages.

3 Likes

Itā€™s BS to drive new sales of new devices, thatā€™s what it its

The GL-MV1000 Brume chipset is in shortage and very hard to find, we have no choice but to set it to be discontinued. The replacement option is here: GL-MT2500 / Brume 2 - GL.iNet

In my opinion it seems inferior to the current brume

3 Likes

Based on specifications:

Good:

• ~50% faster OpenVPN and WireGuard speeds
  • One 2.5Gbps Ethernet port (is this for LAN?)
  • USB 3.0 port
  • Updated 21.02 OpenWRT firmware

Not so good:

• No SD card slot
  • Only 1 LAN + 1 WAN Ethernet port
  • No preinstalled AdGuard Home
  • Only slightly, not significantly smaller size

EDIT:
GL.iNet has updated their specs page to include AdGuard Home and Tor Anonymity.

I do not work for and I do not have formal association with GL.iNet

2 Likes

Thank you for the feature breakdown. Only thing Iā€™d really miss is that 3rd Ethernet-as-LAN port.

1 Like

Will it remain to be supported with the new firmware versions? I have two bought within the past 2 years and it would frankly be quite disturbing if they end up in the bin due to lack of development within such a short space of time.

1 Like

AdGuard Home will be pre-installed in Brume 2

You should add Adguard Home to the specs on the Brume 2 page.

Tor is not also not in the specs.

we will updated both features on the page asap

I feel your pain. I have 100 cellular modem cards on order and have no idea when or if they will ship. I finally found a different one that supposedly works with openWRT and ordered a dozen for testing.

When youā€™re making equipment on a large scale and the chips arenā€™t available it sucks.

1 Like

Thanks for the breakdown, but it still seems inferior, it looks like itā€™s going to be a hard pass for me

GL-USB150 is amazing, its like a 2nd wifi card which is simply plug-n-play.

I hope youā€™ll produce a replacement, as theres really on equivalent on the market. It reduces 2 cables (usb & eth) to literally 0 cables. Pretty please? :slight_smile:

PS. Dont steal CTRL+F from the browser, its ā€œfind on pageā€ not ā€œfind on websiteā€. Also, dynamic rendering kills find on page. Just dont, like what, Im supposed to manually read the whole page? Do you?

5 Likes

Offtopic but please read more carefully next time as well:

3 Likes