Slate Plus Title Bar

Hi,
My slate plus arrived today and so far so good! I notice in the title bar it says “US” next to the firmware version. What does this mean? Tethering and Wifi seem to work ok :confused:
Thanks

Michael

This is the country code. Different regions allow different Wi-Fi channels. We use it to distinguish between them.

Is there a way to set the country code? I don’t understand why mine says US, I’m in the UK and bought it with a UK plug

My Router says US too (in the upper left corner), but I am in HK and bought it in HK.
However (on the Beryl AX at least), if you can use WinSCP, you can navigate to:

/etc/config/wireless

and then in that file change the Country Code for each of the 2.4G and 5G options to one that matches your country’s regulations. Note that “wireless” is a file. In WinSCP you can open it as a text file.

See here for How do I change my country code on the GL-MT1300

NOTE!! That link shows changing both Country and Region codes, but on the Beryl AX do NOT change the REGION Code, apparently the Chip doesn’t support it; change ONLY the Country Code (if you know what you’re doing).

Wifi Codes listed here: What channels are supported in both the 2.4 GHz and 5GHz band in most countries?

Country Codes in 2 Letter Format listed here: Country Codes List

btw; changing the Country Code in that file only changes the Wifi Frequencies available to you. It does NOT change the “Country” in the top LH Cnr of the WebAdmin of the device. I think the “US” device is to distinguish it from e.g. the “CN” device, which does not have a VPN function.

k.

2 Likes

Cool, thanks! I should have said I did that and it still says US.

Thank you for confirming I’ve done the right steps :slight_smile:

1 Like

The factory-configured country code is displayed on the GL UI. Your modification of the Wi-Fi country code configuration does not affect this value.

Why was an EU / UK router set to the US then?

The factory-configured country code is displayed on the GL UI. Your modification of the Wi-Fi country code configuration does not affect this value.

Btw, may i know how to make it work for the admin panel same as the Wi-Fi country code after modification?

Currently, i have one of the slate ax the admin panel is DE whereby, i had modified the wifi to US?

Thanks!

We are unable to offer the option of changing the factory country code. Because it is also used to restrict some feature to comply with local regulations. However, we are discussing hiding this country code. It does cause a lot of misunderstandings.

3 Likes

Oops! Okay. Noted with thanks :blush:

in Firmware 4.2.1, country code on Title Bar was disappered.
good work.