Try GL.iNet app

Thanks for the suggestion, but for the time being the glinet app will not be open source. We will work hard to improve the experience of this app.

Great to hear it will be handled in v1.5 of the app. Do we know an approx ETA for that version?

v1.4 is under testing, I think v1.5 will has a beta version next month.

1 Like

Very impressive turn around. Thank you.

Hi, is it possible to add “battery percentage information” on the app home display or system overview section for the models that have battery, e.g. Mudi ?
Also, add a button to remotely turn off the device from the app?
Appreciated

We will add it.

This feature requires a new API in the new firmware. We plan to add it in the 4.6 firmware.

Great, thanks Yuxin for the update and development of the app.

Just two more things I thought I would give feedbacks on:

1. When connected to Mudi, in wireless section of the app, TX Power of 5GHz connection when set to “Max” is always displayed as “High”. However, when checking from the admin panel, TX power is displayed as “Max”; but within the app, it never displays “Max”. I am wondering if TX power is indeed in Max level despite showing “High”, or no the app keeps setting the power to “High”. If it’s a bug maybe fixing that would positvely affect the range of 5GHz connection?

2. For Open VPN client connection, only NordVPN is supported natively within the app to access its serves directly, for the rest of VPN providers, the config files must be manually uploaded to the modem. Would that be possible to expand the native support for other VPN providers, e.g. Surfshark, to access its config files directly from the app? Pretty much like WireGuard connections that many providers are natively supported.

We will check the first question, what is your Mudi firmware version number?
We add VPN providers depending on the user request and whether the VPN provider offers the appropriate interface. Most users choose wireguard because it is faster, why do you stick with OpenVPN?

1. The firmware’s version of my E750 is:
    Version: 3.216
    Date Compiled: 2023-03-21 02:35:06 (UTC-07:00)
    SHA256: 92f90ca5c674f9545826d07f6b066d58447677d27f3854aa7dcb909737a0305c

However, as far as I remember, this problem was also present in 3.215 version.

1. That’s correct, I also use WireGuard 90% of times, and only sometimes use Open VPN. However, in some instances, such as a dedicated IP service or TCP connection for very strong security is used, or just as backup. However, if it is difficult or time-taking to implement, it is not a big deal. WireGuard is the most important one, which supports natively big providers, including Surfshark that I use.
    Thanks for following-up.

The issue with tx power has reproduced. We will release a fix next week. This release also includes the power display.

That’s awesome, thanks!
Can you tell if the actual TX power was also set to “high” only, or just the display was showing “high” but the actual power was set “max”?
I want to know if that explains relatively short range of 5GHz connection of my Mudi.

It just incorrectly shows that the “Max” is actually set.
Not every model of “max” is the same power, this is limited by the hardware.

Hello, thanks for the new update, it is confirmed that it now shows the battery level, plus the TX power is fixed.
I like to appreciate the fact that you listen to fans and consumers feedback, and implement the ideas fast, which is awesome.

Do you think creating widgets to have shortcut access to WireGuard from the home screen is something we could expect in the future releases?

Is this the feature you are referring to?

1 Like

Exactly, a widget on the home screen (Android) that when is touched will directly open WireGuard Client section of the app.

Whether it would also have an on/off toggle for the WireGuard client is something very handy, but if can’t, just a direct shortcut (link) to that page is very useful and would save few extra steps that people use VPN often might go through few times a day (to turn on/off, change servers, etc.)

:slight_smile:

Adding a on/off button will cause the card to be too large…Maybe a long press on the toggle on/off is a good idea. We will consider how to meet this requirement.

1 Like

@yuxin.zou Hi, is it possible to add access to SMS information directly from the app for LTE models? like read/send SMS (from the cloud)?

This feature has been added. Please upgrade your device to the 4.x firmware.
But it is only available locally. We will consider supporting operation from the cloud.

I wish I could try, but there is still NO 4.2.2 build out for Mudi :frowning:

That will be great. If have more than one device or access SMS data from abroad, then cloud SMS access comes very handy.

We’re working on it, it has an extra OLED screen to adapt, so it’s a bit slower than other models.

1 Like