Uboot on AX1800 does not work!

I have done the UBOOT procedure but it doesn’t seem to do anything. I have tested the next firmware:

openwrt-ax1800-4.1.0-1114-1668412657.img
qsdk-ax1800-3.214-0509.img
qsdk-ax1800-3.213-0325.img

I think it does upload the firmware really fast, it takes less than 30 seconds, with restart included. I have done this in Mac OS (using Safari and Chrome) and in a Windows 10 pc (Using edge). I have used a different ethernet cable but the same result blue light and no ip and no gl-inet menu.

after flashing the uboot, are you getting the firmware page at 192.168.1.1?

The LED is solid blue?

The uboot process does work very fast.

Yes I can get the firmware page.

The led flashes 5 times then goes white and I enter the firmware page. After flashing the led remain solid blue.

I change the dhcp options to automatic, but I never get right ip to enter the router. I just get an auto assign ip 169.254.128.179

Update: I was to able to go back to the expressvpn firmware, but I dont want that. There must but something with the gl-net firmware file. I am using the ones from here:

https://dl.gl-inet.com/?model=ax1800

If you bought from expressvpn and want to flash our firmware, there is totally no assurance for this. I cannot support as well.

I bought the GL-AX1800 Flint directly from the Gl-Net Store.

I was testing the ExpressVPN firmware for the GL-AX1800 Flint so I converted it to a Aircove AX1800. I want to go back to the original GL-AX1800 Flint Firmware but the Uboot with the gl inet firmware hasn’t worked at all.

I did the Uboot again with the ExpressVPN firmware and it worked. So the router is not brick and there must but something with the gl-net firmware files.

I see. It should work with our firmware. Which file exactly did you use? Pls be sure use the .img file.

you want to flash the uboot first not the firmware. That’s at gateway_ip/uboot.html. Going to the gateway address will show you the firmware page and not the uboot. The two pages look similar but are different!

You need to flash the uboot from

https://github.com/gl-inet/uboot-ipq60xx/blob/master/uboot-gl-ax1800-20220711-md5-9890c67c3dafa5aec172f3a31583f9a7.bin?raw=true

Then go to 192.168.1.1\uboot.html

Select the file you just downloaded above and flash it.

This takes seconds however you should then be able to use the reset pin method as described by gl-inet to get back into webgui for flashing images then flash the firmware you want to flash.

If you look upwards I do give instructions to do this very thing.

It’s possible flash the uboot file directly from the expressvpn webgui before use the reset pin method as described.

I have tested by myself as the uboot process is not working. Its appears white light after reset within seconds then solid blue.

Thanks!

1 Like

As far as I am aware you can not flash uboot via the express VPN.

That is the problem :confused:. it’s really hard to make the U-Boot process work during expressvpn firmware on the router :thinking:

Then get soldering iron and a Serial TTL USB device and use step one.

You only need Ground, TX and RX connected you don’t need to really solder it can be done by simply placing 2.5mm pins in that would at least allow you to get to uboot.

I’m not familiar with the above procedure :innocent:

Believe it or not, the first time I did soldering was on the Flint AX1800, before that I used to get my father to do it for me.

I have shaking hands but I have now soldered UART connections on every router I own since the flint myself without issues, I have even soldered a UART together.

Anything is possible just put your mind to it.

2 Likes

Yes, finally i did it. Btw, tqvm!

1 Like