Wi-Fi 6 Dual-SIM 4G/5G Cellular Gateway Spitz AX (GL-X3000) is Coming Soon!🎊

:mega:We’re pleased to introduce our new Wi-Fi 6 Cellular Gateway - Spitz AX (GL-X3000):confetti_ball:

GL-X3000 is a Wi-Fi 6 cellular gateway that provides reliable cellular networks in remote locations and high speed internet in urban areas. It features six external antennas for long range connection; comes with remote access and management. Stay tuned and get ready for an exciting announcement in the coming days.:smirk:

Learn more about Spitz AX (GL-X3000):arrow_right: GL-X3000 / Spitz AX - GL.iNet

Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below.:laughing::point_down:

8 Likes

Can’t wait to see the different configuration options!

I’m looking forward to the announcements on the X3000. My X750 has run perfectly since purchase and the bump in specs would only make the experience even better.

2 Likes

Looks interesting. I concur wth Bitty above - my X750v2 has been flawless.
BUT, does the new device have an on-off switch? I love this feature on my Puli but really miss it on the Spitz.

2 Likes

Really looking forward! I also applied to be beta test for this router!

3 Likes

We’re glad to hear your X750 has been running smoothly. As for the X3000, we’re pretty hyped ourselves. It’s going to be like the X750 on steroids :laughing:, with much better performance to take your tech game to the next level. Meanwhile, could you tell us know what kind of configuration options are you expecting?

We’re thrilled to hear that you share the same excitement for our new device, and we’re glad to know that your X750v2 has been running flawlessly. I’m afraid X3000 does not come with an on-off switch. However, our latest firmware supports a schedule tasks function, which means you can set up your device to reboot at a specific time or even switch your Wi-Fi on and off according to your preferences. It’s a super handy feature that can save you time and hassle.

Exciting news - we’re starting to look for beta testers for our new X3000 product. However, we have very limited availability, so we’re looking for testers who have specific skills that can help us get the best possible feedback.

If you’re someone who has experience testing 5G internet speeds, conducting tests in an RV environment, or has professional knowledge in openwrt or cybersecurity, you’ll be given priority to test the product first. If you fit the bill, please let us know!

And don’t forget to subscribe to our product news to be the first to get all the latest updates about the X3000. We can’t wait to hear what you think!

7 Likes

Can you tell us which 5G modem you will be using in the new X3000 ?

Thanks

We will use Quectel RM520N.

1 Like

Hello!

Why 1 x USB 2.0 port and not USB 3.0?

I see that

It is chipset limitations. USB3, PCIe can only support one.

2 Likes

Hello. I mean why still usb 2.0 and not a usb 3.0 port?

Specification

Interface
1 x WAN Ethernet port
1 x LAN Ethernet port

1 x USB 2.0 port

1 x MicroSD card slot (Max.1TB)
2 x Nano SIM card slot
1 x Reset button

USB3 and PCIe can only support one, which is used for the modem connection.

Only USB2 interface is left.

1 Like

ok i understand now, sorry !!

1 Like

Will you use different modems for different regions (EU / USA) or RM520N-GL for all ? (It would be better of course if same modem in all). Also what will be the 4G module ?

1 Like

is it possible to have shorter antenna or a single flat piece containing all

The RM520N-GL is backwards compatible with 4G/LTE bands.
You can take a look at the spec here.

Looks like they offer a RM520N-GL and an -EU option, although I have not compared the band differences the GL global option seems to cover way more bands.

A product like this lives or dies by the resilience and efficiency of its LTE reception abilities. Poor reception of the mobile signal in rural areas or when used in RV during travel will be the death sentence for such a router. Will be interesting to see how this compares to other prosumer LTE routers like my beloved Teltonika (which literally plucks 4G signal out of thin air where no other phone or device that I have tried can). I might add that the original Spitz was dreadful in this respect and I wish that this new router performs much better in this department. Anyone knows if this router will support LTE-Advanced Carrier Aggregation?

1 Like

Yes RM520N does. But I’m wondering what they will use for the 4G-only version which will probably have a lot less CA combinations and whether they will use different chips for different regions…

1 Like