Wi-Fi 6 Dual-SIM 4G/5G Cellular Gateway Spitz AX (GL-X3000) is Coming Soon!🎊

What bands are supported?

Here are the RM520N-GL bands for the 5G NR card.

2 Likes

Just look at the spec here, it’s all detailed.

Recently, here on the forum, I saw a discussion about e-sim.
Will this device support it?

No. esim is not useful if not officially supported (certified) by the cairrer.

3 Likes

Hi, there are a lot of carriers that support esim nowadays, so if you don’t want to support them, ok, the market is really open in that direction.
Cheers

It is not an issue that the carrier support esim.

It is the issue what if the carrier can issue you esim code for an unknown device. If you bring an smartphone to the store, they may check the model and tell if this model is supported. This is a general process. The smartphone has camera to scan the esim code as well.

Image you bring the router or nothing to the carrier and ask them to issue you esim plan, will they do that for you?

1 Like

The last time I activated it was by email, I did not bring any smartphone to the shop, because the company is fully online company.
They issue the esim plan and gave me the instruction for android phones and for apple phones, so the plan was not created for a particular smartphone.
so, I basically bring nothing to the carrier.

about the QR code, it can be read, and when I read it ( I just checked since I have it in my email) there is something like:

LPA:1$mass.prod.testtesttest.com$BYFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

and the last note in the email says that the eSim can be activate with all the compatible device with eSim.

Now I don’t know if the carrier can choose to not accept connection for something that is not a phone.

2 Likes

I currently use KVD21 with a T-Mobile unlimited data SIM for both home and travel internet. I would be delighted to test it further if the opportunity arises.

1 Like

If you’re still looking for beta testers for the the X3000, I’d be glad to test it. I do alot of streaming on site at baseball and softball fields. Currently utilizing a Cirrus with LTE which i run off of a 12v battery and it’s doing great for 1-2 cam live streams. I’d like to increase to 3-4 camera set ups. very excited about the X3000

Are you planning to you include in the firmware the ability to lock it to a particular set of bands and/or base stations?
It’s a significant feature differenciator between CPE brands, as quite often further away less busy towers perform way better than neraby ones.
Also curious to hear if some of the antennas could be swapped by external ones (I’m almost sure that’s the case).
I’d be keen to test it is possible.

1 Like

Does its WiFi support a bandwidth of 160 mhz?
Does 5g support QAM and CA?
What is the speed of the supported MicroSD card?

Hello

Happy that a 5G cellular router is in development. I already asked the question in December 2021, but then received the disappointing answer “Sorry but currently our company has no plan about it.” I then, against my will, because I am a big fan of GL.iNet, bought another 5G cellular router. I needed a router like this and couldn’t put off. I look forward to being able to compare both routers. That is why, like others here, I am applying for the beta testing program.

kind regards
Bert

1 Like

Hello everyone, this new 5G project is hopefully the answer I have been looking for, it sounds like a do it all salutation for my home and travel internet needs.
Fast connection and powerful VPN all in one!

My home here the mountains of Colorado is 1/2 from the nearest cable connection. So I am running my whole home and 9 internet connected cameras 24/7 on a Spitz x750v2 and Flint AX-1800 running a wireguard VPN.
My home typically uses over 1TB of cellular data for work from home activities, cloud backups, internet connected cameras and video streaming in any given month.
I have tried other LTE based routers with higher category modems than my x750 but nothing else has allowed the flexibility while remaining 99% stable.
I have recently been lucky enough to have a brand new 5G tower installed less than 1/8th of a mile from my house so I would be greatly interested in testing this connection and as well as in my RV while traveling on the weekends.

I also currently use a Slate AXT-1800 running a work VPN.

I have also applied for the beta and hope I can help with the development of this product for people who have similar needs and use cases.

How does one sign you for the Beta? I’m a computer engineer who’d be using it full time in an RV as a primary 5G connection in a multi router environment, with VPN + IoT device usage as well is a a primary mechanism to remotely monitor and control much of the RVs non-driving actions. Thanks so much

Here is the link to the sign up page. Beta Testing Program - GL.iNet

1 Like

Any expected date for sales?

Long time gl.inet user here… Basically using GL routers tethered with phone for various scenarios.

Have the original Spitz…great but looking forward to faster speeds.

Im pretty knowledgeable with all aspects of networking, and have a knowledge level a tad below programmers (altho i have dabbled with programming)

My main set up is a Chester 5G router that has band lock and tower lock. Cat 6 cable out from that to a GL AX wifi 6 router (using this for my vpn box) and then cat 6 out of that to my main router, ASUS ax3000.

I maintain a Spitz router and a Beryl(with tethered phone) router as secondary networks. I have certain devices offloaded to my secondary networks

I have all 3 major carriers: ATT, Tmobile, Verizon sim cards with unlimited data.

Hoping to test the new Spitz AX…

Hope to chat with ya’ll in this forum

So, will GL-X3000 come with only one moden (RM520N) option? or is there an option to go with LTE-only (basically for the people that don’t need 5G but they want LTE with optimal performance and WIFI 6?) If so, which modem will be used in this case?

You could just use the same RM520N modem and simply lock to the LTE bands. For example, I have a Cudi P5 5G router and there is a menu option to select LTE or LTE/5G. Then you can chose the band locks from a menu of every band the modem supports.

1 Like