Wi-Fi 6 Travel Router (GL-AXT1800) is Coming Soon!

yes it has Luci interface.

Can we have some more pictures? Maybe next to the ax1800 or Beryl? I’d like to see the overall size comparison please :slight_smile:

I think we can assume it is the same size as the Beryl, which has the same size as all similarly classed products that came before it?

It is bigger than Beryl.

2 Likes

Interesting, thank you for the follow-up :slight_smile:

Pictures or it didn’t happen :smiling_face_with_tear: (comparison please)

The comparison between Flint and Slate AX:

5 Likes

Picture is helpful - any chance of one next to Beryl / Opal / Mt300n-v2 (one of the more portable ones)?

The Beryl is 118mmx85mmx30mm.
The SlateAX is 125mmx82mmx36mm.

So, 7mm wider, 3mm less deep, and 6mm taller. I’m guessing the height has something to do with more airflow given the pix. Pretty much kissin’ cousins.

1 Like

When will it be here, & will there be an EasyTether Driver for it?

I cannot find EasyTethering for openwrt 2102 and newer.

Ok, I’m using EasyTether on the WRT1900ACS Router.

As you can see there was a firmware update on OpenWrt for this Router. Its running on OpenWrt 21.02.2. The EasyTether Driver thats being used is still OpenWrt 19.07.3. The driver wasnt updated, but yet it still works flawlessly. In order for The EasyTether Driver to work on a Router, I dont think it has to be on the same openwrt status system number if it worked previously at a lower number. Theres a multitude of different drivers on EasyTether. One of them may work, it doesn’t necessarily have to be at the same OpenWrt status system number.

From your screenshot, the router is using “mvebu” target, which is Marvell chipset if I am correct.

Unfortuantely, there is no Easytether package for the chipset of AXT1800.

1 Like

Ok. Hopefully they’ll be one later on down the line. So the GL-SFT1200, & The GL-AXT1800 dont have EasyTether Drivers. Thats 2 nice Routers that you cant use EasyTether on. It would be nice if EasyTether was an open-source, where you could create your own EasyTether Driver for the routers that you would like to have them on. That would definitely change the game. Instead of waiting for them to make a driver, you could just do it yourself.

You are right. Tried to contact the Easytether team but not reply. Their andriod app is also not updated. So I guess the project is dead.

I agree, but if theres a will, there has to be a way to make your own EasyTether Driver for a unit. There has to be a tool used to create the EasyTether Driver. There are more difficult things out there that have been accomplished with research.

Unless the project is forked and supported by a dev, it won’t live.

It’s pretty close to mid-May now. Any updates or pricing available yet?

I’d like to get my hands on one to test replacing one of my GL-X750’s using a USB-to-WWAN enclosure with a Quectel EP06-A that I’m currently using without issue with the Slate (GL-AR750S-Ext).

Advertised now at £83.56 PLUS delivery (more than what I paid for the flint) for beta testers which makes it super expensive if this is the price it will eventually be selling at.

1 Like