Wi-Fi 6 Travel Router (GL-AXT1800) is Coming Soon!

I’m pretty sure the price is to deter non testers. Only accepted testers are allowed to place an order (i would have honestly liked to see GL set the price to 999999 dollars for more deterrence to avoid users ordering, getting cancelled and complaining to AliExpress). A few days ago the price was set at 25, i think a symbolic price to be able to send the shipment without getting issues from Ali.

You will need to wait for the final price.

Why would anyone want to deter people from ordering an incomplete product at such a high price? Are you some mean spirited person?

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised someone actually tried to buy it even for a huge price though, so… :smiley:

@Almahadeus You didn’t apply to be a beta tester? You are a long time user here, im sure you would have loved to test it?

I actually felt quite privileged to have been invited to join the beta testing and placed an order on the first batch that got cancelled due to stalled development. The second batch released a few days back was advertised at an even higher price than the first and was frankly not worth the hassle in my opinion as I felt that this product is unlikely to provide me with more functionality than all the other models of Gl.iNet products that I have accumulated over the years. Finances are also a bit tough with my recent purchase of the sweet Asus GT-AX6000 which has caused a big dent in my pocket!

Hmm i see :smiley: I hope you can put AsusMerlin on that bad boy :smiley:

1 Like

I did already, and that thing really rocks. Big way.

1 Like

Ha! At 2.5 pounds as a travel router it needs its own roll-aboard. And at 40 watts, its own power plant!

1 Like

What kind of performance do you get using WireGuard on the Asus GT-AX6000?

Wireguard implementation is not yet there for this new beast of a model but OVPN is giving me the maximum speed that my ISP provides (which is about 60mbps downstream) without breaking a sweat.

1 Like

Will this device be supported by OpenWrt.

I wonder if we’ll be able to install an EasyTether Driver on this router?

Warning: Permanently added '192.168.8.1' (RSA) to the list of known hosts.

BusyBox v1.33.1 (2022-05-05 13:22:45 UTC) built-in shell (ash)

_______                     ________ __ ______ __
 |       |.-----.-----.-----.|  |  |  |__|   ___|__|
 |   -   ||  _  |  -__|     ||  |  |  |  |   ___|  |
 |_______||   __|_____|__|__||________|__|__|   |__|
          |__| W I R E L E S S   F R E E D O M
 ---------------------------------------------------
 ApNos-f10543f3-devel
 OpenWrt 21.02-SNAPSHOT, r16273+112-378769b555
 ---------------------------------------------------
root@GL-AXT1800:~# 

That would be a yes.

Now you get to box it up and send it back for violating the terms of the beta…

Mango 3.212 snapshot; Beryl 3.212 snapshot; Not affiliated with GL-iNet–just a user

By participating in this program, you agree to conduct beta testing on GL-AXT1800 according to our guidelines, and please do not disclose any product information without our consent.

Hopefully they have consent :thinking:

2 Likes

Banned forever from testing future products.

Edit:
I posted it as a joke, but actually he didn’t have permission from Alfie so…

Is it possible to beta test? I seen the ‘notify me’ option but not sure where to sign up to test?

I don’t think so, as the product is no longer available to buy on aliexpress. You never know though.

It’s charging from your phone that is also tethering?

There are a lot of beta testers already so i don’t think so. More than 10 are not needed in any case, unless you have some very unusual use case that is worth testing (Elon give me a call if you need a router for Dragon missions :stuck_out_tongue: )

Guys, if you are beta tester, please don’t publish product infomation in public forums. That is what you have agreed.

4 Likes