Wi-Fi 6 Travel Router (GL-AXT1800) is Coming Soon!

@alzhao Is there a private forum for beta testers to discuss (still waiting on the postman for mine :blush:)?

please confirm if slate ax will be able to use upstream openwrt eventually?
If I understand correctly right now it uses a qualcomm modified kernel?

Thanks

1 Like

Cannot confirm with you about upstream openwrt but here is the source code GitHub - Telecominfraproject/wlan-ap

You can check the maintainers. Seems they are the same as openwrt maintainer.

hi alzhao
is the GL-AXT1800 going to be added to

Maybe I am not sure when.

So people sign up to be notified about the release of this device and they kind miss all pre-orders without getting an email notification…

Ok, which EasyTether Driver would be the correct driver for this router?

Sorry to hear that. Did you receive the email of the pre-order count down? We sent max. four emails to all the AXT1800 subscribers, depending on the time they subscribed.

1 Like

No easytether driver available for this model.

I did receive them, but they sadly were marked as SPAM by the mailserver, therefore did not reach my inbox. The were hidden in the junk mail. They did sent 4 messages: 1 almost a month ago, 1 x 24h before the sale started, 1 at the start of the sale and 1 to let know only the pre-order price was available.

Smh. That would of been the icing on the cake. :pensive:

Just saying, it’s better to have it, than need it, & not have it. Nothing like having that extra.

So I now everyone wanted the super early bird special, some got the early bird special and the pre-order is still open. Is one aloud to purchase multiple pre-order priced GL-AXT1800 and combine shipping with a early bird special? Asking for a friend?

We only limit one per customer for super early bird and early bird offers. You can purchase more on the third option"pre-order" offer. They can be shipped together but the shipping fee will not be reduced.

Still no EasyTether Driver for this unit yet?

1 Like

Seems there will never be. Because EasyTether project was dead.

1 Like

Agreed. Dead and time to move on.

Dead and time to move on

Do you know of any alternatives to EasyTether for these routers?

No, not really, but Im not gonna give up trying to find another way to make it happen.