Wireguard Client and Server the same router GL-AXT1800

I’m trying to run wireguard server and client on the same router(GL-AXT1800) but when taking the peer configuration and setting on client there is no internet anymore.

Working only server it works very well, can use the same file configuration over my phone with 4g and its works.

Also working with other Wireguard VPN works without any problem. The problem here is when using server and client created over the router.

• Hostname
    GL-AXT1800
  • Model
    GL Technologies, Inc. AXT1800
  • Architecture
    ARMv7 Processor rev 4 (v7l)
  • Openwrt Version
    OpenWrt 21.02-SNAPSHOT r16399+159-c67509efd7
  • Kernel Version

You can try to enable VPN cascade

Thank you very much to reply
But already set and not working as well.

Getting the peer configuration from the server created at Gl.Inet only works outside from Alx1800.

It shows my connection but no internet.

May I ask whether your vpn client uses the global proxy mode? Could you please tell me your firmware version? I will test it with the version you use.thanks

Already tried.

Firmware 4.2.1.

Thanks in advance for you help!!!

Just tested it, no problem, you can try to change the network segment of the wireguard server, if it still doesn’t solve the problem, can you provide the client configuration generated by the wireguard server of the gl interface

There is a problem of your vpn subnet. Both the wireguard client and server use 10.0.0.0/24 network.

You should change at least one.

Just test it and its not working for me. I’m not doing nothing different from what is created from glinet ui admin panel.

The file generated is
[Interface]
Address = 192.168.20.3/24
ListenPort = 18941
PrivateKey = privatekey
DNS = 64.6.64.6
MTU = 1420

[Peer]
AllowedIPs = 0.0.0.0/0,::/0
Endpoint = myisp:51820
PersistentKeepalive = 25
PublicKey = publickey

change it and still no effect

mystery. Maybe ask @hansome to have a remote check

Please refer to this to export some debug info and PM to me.

Also command output

wg

Oh, if I understand correctly, you cannot connect to the axt1800’s server with its own client. That’s a natural loop and will not work.

Yes. Im looking a way with glinet ui to forwarding all my lan internal traffic to wireguard server. That why ive done the connections with own client configuration.