WPS (Flint 2)

Maybe you can use USB to RJ45 Ethernet:

Mini Print Server USB

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mLHPl44

Which would increase this router’s costs to 152.36€ :sob:

Yes, and if you also buy a washing machine, the cost increases to over 500 €.
WPS was never announced as a feature of the router; so you can’t just assume it’s there. :wink:

1 Like

Lol, WPS is a basic router feature, which, as I mentioned, even 15€ routers have, so, there was really no way I could even imagine that this premium device wouldn’t have it. :angry:

As stated above, it’s not. But anyway.

Did you try to implement WPS like the links above said?

1 Like

Those solutions are above and beyond my abilities.

In that case, you will have to go without WPS or with another router.
There are no other possibilities.

Oh, better guide than first post. But I won’t touch physical reset button.
So does need 2 WPS virtual turn on? Both 2.4ghz + 5ghz?
It is safe? No brick flint 2?

trying trying and can not connect but it was appear new list with a strange IP address

2.4 Ghz and 5Ghz same but different mac address

Still flashing to looking for WPS to connect.
Problay not possible to connect booster :roll_eyes:

If you’ve got an older router that supports WPS configure it with the same WiFi details (ESSID, encryption, cipher and key) as your Flint 2. Then connect any WPS devices to your older router before powering it off and using your Flint 2 again.

If the devices don’t automatically reconnect then change the WiFi MAC addresses to match your older router.

I think that booster has DFS?
Well, I changed channel 103 DFS with 5ghz and not working…

Looks fine with ESSID? Maybe change mode?

I’d recommend using basic common settings on the Flint 2 and an older router. So you’d configure 2.4GHz to use channel 1, 6 or 11 (width at 20MHz) and configure 5GHz to use channel 36 (width at 80MHz).

Once you’ve got both routers configured you’d want to connect your WiFi booster via WPS to the older router so that the pairing process is complete and everythings working. Then turn off the older router and turn on the Flint 2.

Assuming you don’t also need to change the WiFi MAC addresses your WiFi booster should reconnect and work correctly. At which point you could try changing channels and widths on your Flint 2 to see if your WiFi booster will stay connected.

The idea is that you’re tricking your WiFi booster into thinking that it’s connecting to the older router, so it’ll skip the pairing process and work right away.

1 Like

Too late, I did reset the booster. Booster to connect the old router needs a special Vodafone broadband app. So need to unplug the wan and plug in the old router and have more time to configure it…

Well, I will try tomorrow. That’s a good idea but make sure to match SSID and password.

Yeah. It’s critical for the ESSID, encryption, cipher and key to match on both routers.

And like I said, if it doesn’t automatically reconnect then edit the WiFi MAC addresses to match your older router. And you can do that via LuCI by selecting a radio and then going to the advanced settings tab under interface configuration.

1 Like

I try try many times and not working. It is very difficult.
Old router has 3 bands - 2.4ghz, 5ghz and 6ghz.
Old router has button WPS but not possible to pair super booster WiFi. Also, old router has virtual button WPS in page and not possible to pair super booster.
Only pair booster WiFi via mobile (Vodafone Broadband app android).

So what I thinking that booster linked special WPS with WPA3 for 6ghz. (I double checked my phone WiFi connected 6ghz and Encrypt password was WPA3). But old router page WPS saying can not pair any device with 6ghz.

I give up. If you want to see old router what packages installed (long long list like mod-names)…

Maybe my 2nd Flint 2 will be make extended WiFi when I finish build my garden. :+1:t2:

So, does the WiFi 6e booster connect to this older router correctly? And if it does did you use an app like WiFiAnalyzer to note down the 2.4GHz and 5GHz MAC addresses and then copy them across to your Flint 2?

I guess it’s possible that your booster only works over 6GHz, although that’d be a little weird.

Yes correct, WiFi 6e.
I just give up. Can’t do anything. There one mac (labels each). I believe that booster is closed source and only valid only Vodafone devices. (Huawei or ZTE?)

Was. WPS was a basic router feature.

I wouldn’t expect a premium device to ship with such a widely known security vulnerability. I presume you don’t still use Windows Vista Home Premium… which was released the same year as WPS (2006).

1 Like

WPS PIN was, but WPS push button still is. It’s a short-time pairing mode, so it’s nothing like continuously using an unmaintained operating system.