Wrong Gateway shown for the WAN wired interface

I am using a GL-B1300 with a wired (Cable) Internet interface, connected to a VDSL router, and a Thetering interface as backup with a LTE USB router.
I have correctly configured the ‘Cable’ Internet interface and it works, but the Gateway shown on the configuration page is wrong (192.168.3.0 instead of 192.168.2.254) :

On the contrary if I use the Advanced Luci configuration web page, the Gateway of the Intenet ‘Cable’ Interface appears correct (192.168.2.254):

Someone knows why the normal configuration web page is wrong and how to correct it?

Thanks

What firmware version are you using?

@luochongjun I am using the last available stable release 3.216.

Does anybody else have the same issue?

I just tested by myself. It display correctly.

I have also tried to configure the WAN to get the IP address with DHCP, and re-configure back with static (using the correct parameters), but it shows again the wrong information (192.168.3.0) …

I just find another post for a similar issue (see here: WAN gateway incorrect / not updating in WISP mode - Technical Support for Routers - GL.iNet (gl-inet.com) ), and I applied a similar correction by removing a static route towards the subnet 192.168.3.0, and the wrong information of the Internet Gateway appears to be fixed. The issue in my case (with respect to the above-mentioned post) is that I need the static route on the WAN interface towards the subnet 192.168.3.0/24. So, the question is: how could I configure the needed static route for the WAN interface, without affecting the Gateway shown in the Wired Internet WAN page?

1 Like

Can you let me know how you configured the static route? This needs to be fixed anyway.

As soon as I add the static route at the bottom (the one related to the wan interface):

the following is the effect for the WAN Interface:

As soon as I delete such static route:

the WAN Interface gets back to the correct values:

I hope this helps to fix the issue.

1 Like

Seems the static routing messed up the status. B1300 has a firmware 4.x now. Are you going to upgrade and test?

My understanding is that (at least the last time I checked) the release 4.x for B1300 is still at “Beta” status not a “Stable” status, I am not sure that the mesh feature (that I am currently using) is already supported with such “Beta” release.
Is my understanding correct?

You are correct. Maybe just keep the 3.x firmware.

I noticed that few days ago a ‘stable’ firmware version 4.3.6 release2 (filename: openwrt-b1300-4.3.6-0728-1690544239.bin) was available to be downloaded for the GL-B1300, but now it is indicated as ‘beta’ again.
Does it mean that there are still some bugs to be corrected (like the unavailability of the MES feature).
Thanks

The 4.3.6 release 2 was withdrawn due to that some users’ 3.x firmware accidently upgrade to 4.x and lost configurations.

The firmware itself is fine. We will put it in stable again.

Thanks @alzhao !
Just one question about the MESH feature for the model GL-B1300: in the release note of version 4.3.6 it is not pointed out in the list of the not included features (“ * This version firmware does NOTinclude the following features:

• File Sharing
  • Captive Portal
  • RS485”).
    Therefore, the MESH feature is apparently included in the version 4.3.6 …

Is it confirmed?
If yes, since this version should be fine I would like to upgrade to 4.3.6 my two GL-B1300s in MESH configuration.

Thanks

No. Mesh is not on the 4.3.6 firmware. The wifi driver changed and the original mesh does not work.

Thanks @alzhao!
So I need to stay with 3.x release until a new version with MESH will be released.