Car antenna recommendations for GL-X3000 / Spitz AX?

We are working with antenna supplier now to design a Dome antenna, this Dome antenna will include 6 antennas which can match the Spitz AX SMA interfaces, and one of the antenna supports both 5G and GPS signal.

The diameter of Dome antenna is 160~200mm, not very big, but not suitable for car usage, as can’t drill a hole on the car. For car used antenna, we need to consider the antenna shape and how to install it on top of car.

2 Likes

Wish Spitz AX can help get stronger and more smooth cellular signal for your trip.

One Spitz AX antenna interface with silk-print ‘DIV/GNSS’, which can accept 5G and GPS signal, but need a Dome antenna to support it, and this antenna is under developing with our antenna supplier now. We will push the progress but not have an concrete plan to publish it so far.

2 Likes

I’d like to know that, too. Would the Spitz output GPS/NMEA data via a TCP port on .8.1 ?

Not yet, we have tested the GNSS signal can be received correctly by Spitz AX, but the GNSS function is still under developing, our target is to:

• Display the longitude and latitude information on WebUI.
  • Display the trace on our GoodCloud, which used for Business customer.
1 Like

Please have magnetic mount options

Yes, we will also find a magnetic mount antenna for car/truck usage.

If any user have suitable antenna to propose, will be great help for us.

Parsec is good, but they are too expensive in market retailer. Hope you can get some similar one or lower price for their products

On a different note, it’s also a quite compelling mobile Internet option in case you find yourself working on the go without a power outlet nearby. 9W is under load. Idle is more like 6W.

This is the USB-C adapter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SJ9SB6Y

2 Likes

I possibly found an option on Amazon. Downside is that it’s a little bit pricey as 4 antennas would be $130. https://www.amazon.com/Proxicast-External-Compatible-Cradlepoint-connectors/dp/B01LXSUU5I

What’s the battery version and how long it can keep it running?

1 Like

See also here: https://forum.gl-inet.com/t/usb-c-pd-to-barrel-cable-works-with-the-x3000

1 Like

It would last 8h under oad. Or 12h idle. So maybe like 10h on average? This power bank is nice as it shows remaining time.

Tim-Zhang,

I’m looking for a way to do this on the X3000 just like I can on the X300-GPS. If you have anything ready (beta or not) I’d love to test this out. Right now on the X300 I report my GPS to a lan node-red server and then forward that to googcloud. Even if you have a rough draft that would be helpful.

Please use below two commands to get GPS location information:
AT+QGPS=1 #Enable GPS
AT+QGPSLOC=2 #Get the location information

Will the dome antenna for rv have magnetic mounts option? Do you have estimated time when it will be available roughly?

The Dome antenna needs drilling a hole on the RV roof. We are arranging the performance test now, and plan to finish the test in one month. After that, we will add the antenna recommendation in the X3000 product page.

Thanks for quickly replying. I understand the dome antenna needs a hold necessary for cable going through. I was asking for mount options. Please have magnet mount options for class b rv. Most class b will have metal skin for magnetic mount and pre drilling cable box already. Please have magnet mount options. It will be very popular for pickup, class b, even some jeep or minivan.

The parsec have magnetic mount options for all their products. You can check here and get some idea like: Parsec Technologies | Vehicle Gaskets

Thanks a lot for your sharing this valuable information, we will discuss with our antenna partner the possibility of supplying such mount option.

I’ve received my Spitz AX and connected everything in my RV. It works like a charm with my vehicle antenna from Panorama Antennas.

I use this variant of the antenna LGMQM4-6-60-24-58 and I’ve connected all 4 cellular antennas, 2 wifi antennas.

You only would need the LGMDM4-6-60-24-58 version for the router as this has two wifi antennas.

The router connects without problems to Telekom Germany and Vodafone Germany and I’ve got fabulous speeds.

If you need anymore information, don’t hesitate to contact me.

1 Like