DSL Modem->Router VPN problem

I have no idea as even can’t login to admin panel as completely have WiFi dropped, WiFi network is shown on the list o searching devices, when want to connect says “unable to connect “ , then only one solution is unplug then plug power cable from router. Main router Now Hob 2 just looks like all the time working fine so I began suspecting the GL iNet Flint is faulty ? It’s wired as all day it working just fine , it happens once sometimes a twice every day….

If you can’t connect WiFi even ssid showing name that could be problem with dhcp server, so you could try manual ip static. I had similar problem between macbook WiFi and beryl ax router.

When this happens, before you reboot, can you try get the log? You can either connect using cable or try manual IP according to @slesar’s suggestionn.

BTW, if you have Adguard etc enabled, can you disable for now. Just to make sure if the problem is not coming from it.

Ok thank you for suggestion, I will do those all and come back with results of my observations. I have access to logs but have hundreds of logs data so can’t figure out which one is responsible for distribution…

If you can access the UI just export the log.

You can send privately via email support@glinet.biz

Already set a message to you with attached files of logs. The logs files I think are recorded once’s restart was done today but tomorrow will try download them between WiFi drop down and restart via router -pc lan cable connection as wireless after WiFi drops down can’t connect but I did quick check of logs and after restart still plenty of errors existing there, also VPN after reboot needs have a few try until became connected I don’t know why, only need a few times do start /stop and AdGuard on/off( I think this helps but not sure for 100 procent does AdGuard cause any issue ) . It’s first time I am using gl iNet product but I am so disappointed as who gonna use a router which is so problematic in use with various types of internet connections/isp etc…. I had a hope it’s a game changer comparing to standard routers …

I switched off AdGuard and after one day I can just say the connection is still working without any problems, I didn’t need restart the router.
I will wait one day more, if still will be all
Fine that’s mean the problem making AdGuard.

Pretty sure it’s not an ADH problem but a configuration problem.
You should double check your general settings in ADH.

I didn’t touch any settings in AdGuard , only turned almost all available rules from their list….

So what DNS server did you choose for upstream then?

As default are set up :

I checked your log.

You have Adguard home and wireguard connected. But I don’t see log about repeater.

So if you turnned off adguard and everything is working fine, maybe adguard home caused the system done.

AdGuard switched off . All working perfect . No the router doesn’t meet my needs unfortunately, to problematic…

Without wanting to offend you, I believe that the problem is a faulty configuration. OpenWrt routers all have the peculiarity that you have to deal very intensively with the matter. In return, you have almost unlimited freedom when setting it up.

I would recommend that you start with a basic setup and then add components.

1 Like

I can confirm when AdGuard switched off no internet disconnections, all working perfectly fine.

So it’s pretty sure not an internet disconnection problem but a DNS problem.

Yes probably, but how to try find the issue related with AdGuard ? Do you need me to upload AdGuard log files ? Like I said all AdGuard settings are default, didn’t touch anything…

Well, you have to test around using nslookup for example.
When the internet drops you have to test if you can still do ping google.com and you have to use nslookup gl-inet.com

Now I have AdGuard turned on along with VPN and it’s working perfectly fine without any internet disconnections but needed to TURN OFF AdGuard rules update. Until today don’t know what caused the issue but I disabled auto update for all rules and router stopped do a disconnections, so during updates was some problem with establishing new connection…I checked search section and found other people had the same problem with disconnection like me so the issue so good known…

Might be an bug in the AdGuard version. You could try to update it using the tutorial provided by @slesar

1 Like