Firmware 4.2.x is out as snapshot firmware

The official release will support access from goodcloud.

1 Like

just want to fyi to whoever using parental controls

ā€œBlock WAN for Unmanaged Devicesā€ affects routerā€™s wireguard server - blocks connection

@yuxin.zou can you check if this is a bug.

slow wifi 5g speed fixed?

First of all, thank you for making such awesome products!!! Currently I am using the Brume 2.

Please advise if the official release will include OpenWrt version 22.03?
I just installed Firmware 4.2 Beta 2, which is working well, but unfortunately after the upgrade I see the same old OpenWrt build (21.02-SNAPSHOT r15812+872-46b6ee7ffc)

1 Like

Depends on the model. The AR750S is on 22.03, for example.

Ah I see, good pointā€¦ The model I am using is the GL-MT2500, which might be a bit too new to have an updated OpenWRT buildā€¦

@alzhao
As I can see in OpenWRT Firewall section, a port-foward of 3053 to 53 is created automatically. But in OpenWRT DHCP / DNS settings, DNS is still pointing to 127.0.0.1:3053. I think it should be 127.0.0.1 ?

And I think there should be a ::1 if IPv6 is enabled?

1 Like

This should be a bug

The MT2500 and MT3000 may be slow to upgrade openwrt because they depend on MTKā€™s proprietary drivers. We cannot do the upgrade ourselves.

2 Likes

I understandā€¦ thank you!

How similar are the MT7981 boards to the other Filogic MT7986 boards currently being merged into the main OpenWrt tree? Any possibility of using that work to speed up introduction of the 7981?

2 Likes

I have tested with 4.2.0 beta2 of AXT1800 and there is no recurrence of this problem. Do you have any other operations?

Adguard home (running)
Wireguard server (started)
Wireguard client (configured, standby)

Iā€™ll test again (problem repeatable)

Edit: problem happened on ax1800 4.2 beta2, not axt1800

I misunderstood. My tests found that wireguard could connect, but could not access the Internet.
Thanks for your feedback.

2 Likes

I wasnā€™t specific about the device that has the problem, my mistake

I have fixed this issue in the commit below. This fix will be added to the snapshot firmware automatically tomorrow.

Due to the addition of an src_dev configuration, if you keep the configuration update, you will not see the BUG fixed unless you manually execute the following command

uci add_list parental_control.global.src_dev='br-lan'
uci add_list parental_control.global.src_dev='br-guest'
uci commit
/etc/init.d/parental_control restart
2 Likes

Just installed the latest snapshot (openwrt-mt2500-4.2.0-0105-1672880274.bin) on my new GL-MT2500.

I added 2 WireGuard configurations, and activated the WireGuard second configuration. Then proceeded to load the third WireGuard configuration, but the WireGuard client crashed, and now I see this blue screen. Interestingly, the second WireGuard configuration is still active, and works. But, no configurations are visible when I click the WireGuard Client menu. Please see attached screen print.

I want to know, does Flintā€™s 4.2.0 Beta 2 Firmware solve the 5Ghz WiFi problem?

I had same problemā€¦

1 Like