Flint 2 - Beta 4.5.7 Wi-Fi power?

By changing to a region that allows maximum TX power (you need to check these first, US is a good guess tho) and then setting the maximum TX power in luci. Since the hardware can only handle approx. 30dbm, this is already the max TX power.

For me, this is already the best!

Where are you getting it from that it is 30 bBm

That’s easy
1 - use the firmware 4.5.2
2 - set the region to Panama
3 - congrats you’ll get a 39dbm wifi power on 2.4ghz

1 Like

1 Like

It’s not indeed 39dbm, but I tested with a real time tektronix spectrum analyser (SA2500) with a proper antenna and it has 36dbm. It’s a official setup for wifi testing regulation (I’ve worked with that in my country for many years )

2 Likes

If GL has already confirmed the problem solely and exclusively for you, what are you doing here complaining? a great Wifi and spectrum analysis expert like you should be working at GL kkkkkkk

Not really…

The problem is to everyone living in the European Union.

I know a bit of Portuguese and your image above looks very disrespectful. I’m not expecting that from mature people :roll_eyes:

Why do you think you need a power higher than that defined by regulation agencies? :thinking:

The default power set on the firmware must be according to the EU (for those living in the EU), because they have a certification saying their products are according to the EU regulations.

If would you like to change it, above the limits, it’s up to you, but the default settings must be according to the regulations.

What’s wrong with you people? This is about a super unemotional topic, namely whether the Wi-Fi power regulations are being complied with. That’s probably one of the most boring topics you can argue about.

How can you go at each other over it? Or are you all secretly EU regulators for Wi-Fi transmission strength?

We already had a case like this with the very first Flint 2 firmware. I reported it back then - but completely unemotionally. → GL-MT6000 - Wi-Fi power too high (?)

4 Likes

Because like I said, I live on a big farm. I have many IoTs and sensors that operate at 2.4ghz, a greater range benefits me, and so when I put them at higher power, I don’t need to use a mesh network or an additional repeater. Yes, I set up in a country with more flexible regulation than mine, at my own risk.

3 Likes

Sounds great. For a newbie here: What is the best way to change country to Panama? I am all ready to move there!

1. In LuCI go to Network → Wireless

2. Click “Edit” on the SSID you want to enable

3. Click “Advanced Settings” tab

4. Select your “Country Code” from the dropdown

5. Save and Apply

2 Likes

I think they call that sarcasm :rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

1 Like

How ?

https://fccid.io/2AFIW-MT6000?utm_content=cmp-true

To be honest i don’t understand why everytime a topic has to become so rebelled :wink:

wether i care about good regulated frequencies i’d care, doesn’t mean i gonna force my opinion on others, and trying to find a edge what is close to insulting someone.

For me it was just a basic question because of the missing luci app, and got answered done, theres no point to slaughter everyone or anyone with a different opinion only when you disagree.

people are likely the most stubborn beings, if they don’t get what they want they do it anyway, if they don’t wanna listen they won’t how many times you try, that will only escalate if they don’t wanna listen in the first place.

No point discussing for me :yum:

3 Likes

I guess this topic was discussed enough. Let’s see what the next beta / stable will bring.
I am sure they will be back to comply with law.

3 Likes