Flint 2 FW 4.5.8 release 4

My ISP Router at 1 meter (2.4GHz):
Screenshot_20240415-181406~2

My Flint2 with the firmware 4.5.8 R4 at 1 meter (2.4GHz):
Screenshot_20240415-180310~2

I managed to fix it. I downloaded the firmware from dl.gl-inet.com and installed via UBoot. This time it worked. Very weird.

Anyway - problem solved, v4.5.8 release4 works!

Thanks for the help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Luci GUI is showing txpower as 20dbm on the 5ghz band (should be 23 dbm for my country - UK), and does not allow a higher setting.

Setting to any other regulatory region (ie. DE) displays the same.

Did you try to leave it on driver default?
In my case (US regolatory) it has 24 dBm with driver default setting.
Anyway US should be 30 dBm and is not working anymore (on 4.5.4 I was able to set 30 dBm)

Is this 4.5.8 based on OpenWRT 21?
They didn’t mention anything on the release note (well I kinda know because I followed after 4.5.7 rekt’d my router so i had to factory reset because it downgrades openwrt)

4.5.x branch is sure on OpenWRT 21 branch according to their previous announcement post.

Everything at default. Power was showing as 20 dbm on 5ghz. I changed the region to UK, saved, then attempted to set power to 23 but the drop down list of available power modes tops out at 20.

2.4ghz I had previously changed to UK and saved as above. I repeated this twice.

By the way, is WED enabled in these versions with MTK’s proprietary drivers?

1 Like

Just upgraded to 4.5.8 and the GliNet UI just disappeared, only Luci available now. Any solution to bring it back ? Thank you in advance.

I’ve been getting ‘Invalid Date’ on the last few updates.

From which version did you upgrade?
How did you upgrade?

From 4.5.6. By internal tool of the Glinet UI.

After updating from 4.5.6 to 4.5.8 there is a significant delay in loading every web page, on any device I use. Any idea why or how to solve that? Thanks.

Check your DNS settings.

No DNS changes between 4.5.6. and 4.5.8. I use AdGuardHome as DNS.

Please check if your DNS is working properly. Disable AGH for testing.

the load balance on wan 2 doesn’t work

This appeared after I entered the router with WinSCP to check if I can upgrade AdGuard and exited without changing anything. Regardless of whether I change the DNS in AdGuard, the access delay remains the same. AdGuard disabled/enabled, makes no difference.

So you broke something, I guess?

I don not know if I broke something or not. How can I find out this? And, most importantly, how can I repair? Thanks.