Flint 2 (GL-MT6000 ) - bug reports - collective thread

@lincoln and @alex_zheng

Lets try this firmware version.

Using openwrt image, i got freezing wifi too.

About the Speed of 5Ghz i got 1Gbit or 1.2Gbit

My Flint on version 4.5.4 hasn’t missed a beat for the last week. Then I enabled my TV with WiFi and switch on my Zidoo Media Player connected by Ethernet to watch a movie. After a minute it freezes. Rush over to my RPi4 thinking it’s frozen and see the flashing LED on the Flint2.

It wouldn’t re-establish and everything down. I have about 8 devices on WiFi.

Tried again after powering off and same thing. Turn off TV and Zidoo and try the Google TV on another TV, no problems.

Tried disconnecting Zidoo LAN cable and try WiFi, same thing occurs. Never had any issues before.

Still trying to work out what has caused this to cause a panic on the Flint2. I’ve got logging enabled to the /tmp path, but when I look, I can’t find the system.log file using WinSCP. I fear as I had to power off the Flint, it’s lost the log file.

UPDATE

it was the Panasonic TV wifi that was killing it. I couldn’t delete or disable the setting for the 5G connection so I had to update my wifi password to test the theory, flint was fine, then set the TV to the new password and the revert the password on the flint back to the previous one. I do hope the firmware fix mentioned yesterday fixes this. I can’t see it in the beta download section yet.

I tried updating it. It does say 4.5.5 and that makes sense I guess. I also installed it without keeping my settings. However, when I try to reinstall luci-app-sqm it shows errors now.

I hope it can get fixed ASAP since I need SQM on my current setup. Thanks! @lincoln

Replace the software source:

sed -i ‘s//kmod-4.5///kmod-4.5.5//’ /etc/opkg/distfeeds.conf
opkg update

1 Like

I will add my own stupid little bug.
From the GL interface, you cannot define port ranges in the port forwarding page, only single ports
In Luci there is not issue.

That’s not a bug but a feature request. May you add it here? List of current feature requests 2023

It works now thanks! For those who wants to also try you can use this command instead:

sed -i 's/kmod-4\.5/kmod-4.5.5/g' /etc/opkg/distfeeds.conf

Please try the activation button on the cloud.

[quote=“ptselios, post:237, topic:35608”]
From the GL interface, you cannot define port ranges in the port forwarding page, only single ports
In Luci there is not issue.
[/quote] Port range forwarding will be supported in Firmware 4.6.

2 Likes

This helped me to get my both MT6000 back online, many thanks for this advice. The conlusion is that you should review and fix the re-activate button in the iOS app which did not have any effect (as described in my post) as well as the 'Rebind the Device’ option in the Administration Panel which currenly results in opening a Whitelabel Error Page.

Btw, update on my 5G Wi-Fi problem. MT6000 1226 firmware aka version “4.5.5” did improved my 5G Wi-Fi bandwidth. It’s not as high as what my physical hardware can handle but I guess theres just some problems with my overall test setup. From 60 Mbps to this.

1 Like

The issue will be fixed in the cloud server update within this week.

1 Like

@lincoln the snapshot version of openwrt has a more up-to-date wifi firmware than the one you launched on the 26th, I verified that the wifi version is from August, in the snapshot the version is from 11/12.

Can you update to this version?

the 2.4 wifi at 40hz is still having speed problems…
Captura de tela 2023-12-27 090050

1 Like

I agree. The 2.4ghz is still broken even in 4.5.5.

2 Likes

Another small issue.
When the router reboot, it’s not able to reach for some reason goodcloud server and as final result, you will see your router offline.
This not happens all time but /etc/init.d/gl-cloud restart help
I think gl.inet Staff already knows this cause it’s quite similar to this one: GL-MT3000 Beryl AX does not refresh goodCloud connection when internet connection change (repeater mode) - #9 by Matus

you can’t switch to kernel 6.1.67?

|Model|GL.iNet GL-MT6000|
|Architecture|ARMv8 Processor rev 4|
|Target Platform|mediatek/filogic|
|Firmware Version|OpenWrt SNAPSHOT r24673-659f027e69 / LuCI Master git-23.352.59927-d41e972|
|Kernel Version|6.1.67|
Sorry not upgrade in to release gl-inet 4.56 thanks

I applied your settings and run some tests from multiple devices, but I wasn’t able to replicate your your latency issues at all. And I wasn’t seeing any duplicate packets via Wireshark either.

Did you go into the advanced wireless settings and enable Force 40MHz mode? Since I noticed that 40MHz wasn’t being used without this setting enabled.

I think everyones experiencing poor 2.4GHz range, which of course impacts the speed. But you seem to be the only person that’s also experiencing latency issues, even when you’re using OpenWrt snapshots. So, maybe you’ve got a hardware fault?

yes it’s enabled and it’s default when you select 40MHz from GL UI. I’m not the only person, @japa182 and others also have the same problem. And it happens mostly with Android and old devices. In my PC it does not happens

Yeah. I tested with an old Xperia Z1, my Pocophone F1 and an old Dell laptop that only supports 2.4GHz at N speeds. But there were absolutely no latency issues. Just poor range, which prevents the devices from getting 100MB+ due to the reduced link speed.