Flint 2 (GL-MT6000 ) - bug reports - collective thread

opensource?

I didn't understand the question, sorry.

So far so good, been testing it for a few hours, everything looks more snappy :sunglasses:

Last OpenWRT with kernel v. 6 can't pass give congratulations to GL.iNet for the good job :clap::raised_hands::fist_right::call_me_hand:

By the way, Goodcloud it's working flawless in this beta :call_me_hand:

5 Likes

The version number / revision. I wonder if the mt76 driver has also the MTK patches.

This firmware kicked me off the all of the DFS 1xx channels after 2 mins of being connected, in the previous snapshot I was on channel 116 for days

Its the first thing I test with new firmware releases.

Notes on new op fw (OpenWrt 24.0, Kernel 6.6.30).

1. wow !
  2. Fw works "so far so good" for my setup (i don't use DFS)
  3. Goodcloud works.
  4. I like new QR on Wi-Fi (and guest)
  5. Wi-Fi power settings are working but there is mismatch between GLiNets page and OpenWRT(Luci) comparing with 4.5.8.
  6. Fw is indeed "snappy"
  7. Fw shows an "Upgrade" notification which if you press it returns an error. Probably a version thing.
    Keep testing, i'll report bugs, but a BIG step (and so needed).
    Congrats to team !
    Update : Wi-Fi is still underpowered compared to 4.5.8.
2 Likes

Installed!
Does it also tell you that there is an update, but then cannot download it, saying download failed?

Apart from that, very positive first impression

P.S.: Besides, I read that it should also be commpatible with MT3000 (Beryl AX), having it as a travel router I gave it a try but it doesn't install

Changelog,

V4.6.0-op24

Overview

This version mainly provides the following improvements:

• Improved the user experience with the repeater feature. Resolved an issue where most hotspots using Captive Portal could not be repeated.
  • Improved the display of IPv6 addresses, and added support for customization of the interface language packs.
  • This release is based on the OpenWrt main branch (from 39f595d commit), kernel version 6.6.30.

Supported Models

Beryl AX (GL-MT3000), Flint2 (GL-MT6000).

New features

• Added the Authentication Mode and the Camouflage Mode. This resolved an issue where most hotspots using Captive Portal could not be repeated.
  • Added the UI language pack management feature. This allows adding additional language packs and subscribing to language pack updates.
  • Added an option to choose whether the VPN interface uses manually configured DNS. This allows using the VPN's DNS servers, if Encrypted DNS or AdGuard Home is enabled.
  • Added support for port range forwarding and port forwarding rule prioritization options.
  • Added TTL, HL, and MTU options for each interface.
  • Added support for connecting to Wi-Fi via QR code.

Improvements

• Optimized the repeater feature to enhance performance and user experience. Added support for configuring MAC address for SSIDs individually.
  • Optimized the display of IPv6 address on the Internet page and the Client page.
  • Optimized the MAC address setting logic to support cloning or setting random MAC addresses for each interface.
  • Optimized the status display on the Tethering interface to make a clear distinction between “disabled” and “enabled but no device.”
  • Optimized the port forwarding feature. It now has its own page within the admin panel and can function simultaneously as DMZ. The port opening (previously on the Firewall page) has been moved to the Security page.
  • Optimized the logic of jumping after LAN IP is modified so that users do not need to sign in again.
  • Optimized the logic of guest network enabling. If guest Wi-Fi is disabled, guest network will also be disabled.
  • Optimized the logic of toggle switches. When rebooting a device, the enabling status of corresponding services (such as VPN) will be set according to the status of the toggle switch.
  • Removed the length restriction on mobile phone number in SMS sending and forwarding.
  • Upgraded AdGuard Home to version 0.107.46.

Bug fixes

• Fixed an issue where reserved IP addresses were incorrectly sorted by IP if the IP address range was large.
  • Fixed instances where abnormal issues would occur during firmware grade when “keep settings” was selected during IPv6 mode.
  • Fixed an issue where the reset feature would not work when Tailscale was enabled.
  • Fixed an issue where parental controls would not properly resolve domain names using capital letters (e.g., WWW.GOOGLE.COM).
  • Fixed an issue where manually configured routes would not work in some cases when the VPN client was in custom routing proxy mode.
  • Fixed an issue where the cellular interface would incorrectly determine the internet status of the IPv6 protocol.
  • Fixed an issue where the manual DNS server address in the DNS interface would be invalid after disabling AdGuard Home.
  • Fixed an issue where the imported WireGuard profiles with multi-line AllowedIPs entries were parsed incorrectly.
  • Fixed an issue where re-uploading an OpenVPN profile ZIP file with an additional certificate file would not overwrite the old certificate file upload the first time. (This caused some configurations provided by the VPN service providers to not update properly when manually uploaded again.)
  • Fixed an issue where the router would not recognize USB cellular modems using the M2 EM05G model.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented the VPN from properly following the interface connection status for failover to function when using policy-based proxy mode.
3 Likes

Hello, just updated my brand new Flint 2 from 4.5.6 (I think) to the latest firmware available like 1 hour ago, but this resulted on the admin website being broken. The only issue I get from the console is:

Uncaught SyntaxError: missing } in template string

I've cleared browser cache and restarted the Flint to no avail. SSH into the device and the LUCI website are working alright.

The currently latest version is 4.5.8 - please update.
You can update using luci as well: * LuCI web interface System → Backup / Flash Firmware → “Flash new firmware image”

Alright, thank you! So I imagine it is the openwrt-mt6000-4.5.8-0412-1712898190.bin file?

2 Likes

Is there any reason why they are not listing this firmware in their official firmware website?

https://dl.gl-inet.com/router/mt6000/

1 Like

That's a good question, maybe you should just clarify, I myself have no idea why it hasn't appeared on the official website yet.

1 Like

That's a good question but I'm definitely staying on the open-source version, it's been rock solid stable for the last 48 hours.

my MT6000 it's still been used as AP but I seeing it getting closer to prime time, so far the low TX power it's the only thing I'm finding issues so far :call_me_hand:

Any feedback on this experimental build when it comes to VPN performance? In particular I am looking for some info on how well it performs when it comes to having WireGuard VPN client on at all time and whether there are still frequent disconnects from VPN like prior versions.

Unfortunately my MT6000 it's still been used just an AP
I'm still trusting my routing functions to another router for the time been :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

It's been 5 months since the last release of a build based on 23.05 or later OpenWRT. And I would disagree with your assessment. The open source drivers are more stable than the closed source drivers. Many on this forum would agree with me on that.

1 Like

Still some bug under fixing.

1 Like

Could you please list some problems that you was having on 4.5.8 and is not having anymore on open source driver (and please inform the version of the firmware under use)?

I stop testing after the firmware 4.5.8. I'm waiting for their open source driver to start testing it again.

For my use, firmware 4.6.0-op24 beta 4 of 24/05/2024 is the most efficient and stable firmware I have ever experienced!
3 - 4 days in which the router maintained consistently good down and up speeds in WiFi and ETHERNET connectivity also worked very well
the only thing is that the speed in the eth port seems to be capped at 1Gbps and I can't figure out if it depends on the router or on other equipment (the provider's ONT, switch or PC all with 2.5Gbps ports anyway. The switch shows me both the ETH port connected to the router and the ETH port connected to the PC as 2.5Gbps, equally the ONT of the provider :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

so on firmware 4.6.0-op24 beta 4, ive managed to hold the DFS channel on 116 by setting the country code for the 5ghz to the US instead of GB, ive had to do this previously on other firmwares to get the DFS channels working and DFS channels is all you can use if you want to use 160mhz.