Flint 2 (GL-MT6000 ) - bug reports - collective thread

@gaby

How are you connected to your ISP? Via DHCP?

Is the Software offloading activated in the LuCi Settings (under Firewall)?

Did you already try to swap the LAN cable?

The Flint is connected directly to the Verizon Fios ONT box ethernet port.

I did swap for new cables for WAN and LAN ports, cables are Cat6. Both Flint and Nest router are connected using the same cable/port, I just swap one device for the other.

• Hardware Acceleration is Enabled in GL-Inet dashboard.
  • Software offloading is enabled in Luci.

Changing both of these settings made 0 difference. I even tried turning WIFI off.

Is your Flint ethernet cable connected to a 2,5Gbit port of your Verizon Fios ONT?

The ONT port is 1Gbps

bigbadwolf,

When I first went to -op24 I restored settings from a build of 4.58 (I had come from Openwrt and that why I needed to restore settings)...I also experienced the issue that you had with the VPN connecting (wireguard) but no clients had connectivity (It's actually a no RX issue for the VPN). I cleared the settings and restored settings from a build of 4.56 I had saved. BAM!! Everything working...So if you don't have a copy of settings saved from build 4.56 then you'll have to reset and setup -op24 again from scratch.

1 Like

As far as I know there is a big difference between the wireguard configuration file of the OpenWrt 21 version and OpenWrt 23/24 of the GL-inet firmware

The OpenWrt 21 firmware stores the config to:

/etc/config/wireguard

The OpenWrt version 23/24 to:

/etc/config/interfaces

Also the layout is different

1 Like

I setup the 5ghz with wpa3, ac/ax and 160mhz wide channel and got pretty decent speed tbh on my pixel 6 pro.

This is on firmware 4.5.8.

I'm happy so far with it but I'll probably stick with the tp link for WiFi because it's tri band.

I'll need to try to do setup from scratch then. Thanks!

@bonefire - I don't think that part is the problem as VPN actually connects immediately. Just no traffic is forwarded

@Pro4TLZZ Seems you have the same problem I have, your Upload speed is limited. I have 1Gbps down/up and with Flint my upload never goes above 300Mbps with Ethernet, and 100-150Mbps with WIFI.

@bonefire This user has the same issue.

released on the website now to download

https://dl.gl-inet.com/router/mt6000/

4 Likes

Looks like is still the same one, which was confirmed to have some bugs...

But it's a good sign :+1:
Thanks!

Wow! Would be great to see same tab for out Beryl AX GL-MT3000 in any recent future!

if you want to test.
corrected some things.
but fullcone is still bugged and not working.

As a tip for devs, the immortalwrt firmware fullcone works correctly.
Maybe you can help solve this problem.

@alzhao

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/ukd4qw4quynvjedod80cp/openwrt-mt6000-4.6.0-op24-0529-1716984330.bin?rlkey=ctqk2yzzkds7o5kjq3ttzsc82&dl=0

3 Likes

FW files are messed up.
Latest openwrt-mt6000-4.6.0-op24-0530-1717067738.bin is
OpenWrt 21.02-SNAPSHOT r15812+1073-46b6ee7ffc
and they removed previous correct openwrt-mt6000-4.6.0-op24-0524-1716542939.bin

5 Likes

The one for MT3000 (Beryl AX), although there is a link, is not yet downloadable because no file is contained in the share

1 Like

yes, they deleted it, as soon as I updated I already warned the devs about the problem of having released a version based on 21.02 with a description of 24.xx

4 Likes

Is anyone using SQM with success on the MT6000? Mine is only shaping download speed but not upload speed (beta firmware 4.6.0)
Packet steering disabled, as well as hardware acceleration

now it seems that the op24 firmware has all been deleted, even from the repository

3 Likes

By the way, the release notes available on the snapshot is fantastic.
Dated and very well clear. They should keep doing like this!!
https://dl.gl-inet.com/release/router/snapshot/mt6000/4.6.0

2 Likes

I am totally confused about what is going on with this company...They post the -op24 which works fantastic and then remove it without any expanation and yet continue to offer old EOL firmware and unstable snapshots...No wonder a lot of people left to go OpenWRT...

1 Like