Flint 2 (GL-MT6000 ) - bug reports - collective thread

I’m using 20/40 in the config.

Hey guys,
is someone having issues with 160MHz 5GHz speed?
With firmware version lower than 4.5.5, I was able to reach 1500 Mbps over the Wi-Fi, now with the new 4.5.7 “stable” there is no way to go over 1000-1050 Mbps.

Also, with the new stable we completely lost the possibility to adjust Wi-Fi power.

I own a fritzbox 5590 . in the same room I’ve the fritz and the Flint 2 .

this is the 2.4 ghz band Speedtest with Fritz :
Screenshot 2024-03-21 alle 20.58.14

Using a speed test is good for testing the internet speed, but not good for testing the Wi-Fi speed.
Wi-Fi speed highly depends on the used frequency, signal strength, Wi-Fi standard and receiving device.

Without having any of this information, it’s impossible to troubleshoot.

1 Like

This one seems to be a 20MHz speedtest, on Fritzbox you should disable coesistency to make it 40MHz.

Anyway guys, imho someone is forgetting about 2.4GHz is used by a large amount of devices…I make 150Mbps over a 40MHz 2.4GHz network and it’s ok for anything.
For higher speed, just use 5GHz network, which is very common at these days on every phone/tablet or so.

Just to be clear, I can make also 150Mbps from my Fritzbox 7590, so…it’s ok.

1 Like

I’d like to say that Flint 2 wifi performance in 2.4 ghz band is good . We have an high density environment in all of our houses

I’ve disabled yet. my test is a simple one with two routers in the same room and the same client.
With Flint2 my pc wi fi card establish an higher rate link than when connected to the Fritz

1 Like

i would agree.

2.4 GHz is mostly dead and pretty slow. Something like 100–150 Mbps is fine for 2.4 GHz.
I only use it for my vacuum cleaning robot. Unfortunately, it does not clean faster if the Wi-Fi is faster :cry:

3 Likes

Yeah, totally agree.
Idk why people are still arguing about 2.4 GHz speed, now it only serves IOT things and smarthome appliances.

Just take a seat and use 5GHz network to make higher speeds. :sweat_smile:

I read someone has found a bug bout the wan maximum negotiation speed limited to 1 gigabit .

have you tried your wan port at 2.5 gigabit ? I don’t have a 2,5 gigabit ont device now

I got a chance to reply to that some post before. I have the same issue since my ISP gave me a 2.5 Gbps connection. The problem is that Network Acceleration at every reboot isn’t working and you need to force it by disabling and re-enabling it. This problem was present since version 4.5.6 and also beta.

I hope we can get a fix soon.

could you show me the option in the GUI ?

You need to go under the menù Network>Network Acceleration and make the trick.

networkacceler

You can use the url directly: https://192.168.0.1/#/netnat

I don’t understand wchic is the relationship between HW accell and wan net speed link.

HW accell should increase the network speed of same 10/20% but the ethernet speed link is another matter

Sorry, I got a missreading.

If you got link negotiation limited to 1Gbps, it’s not related to HW Acceleration.
You should check your wirings.

1 Like

I don’t have any issue.I read something about on other forum

Version 4.5.7 breaks WDS functionality

3 Likes
sed -i '15 a /etc/init.d/mtkhnat start' /etc/hotplug.d/iface/01-mtk-acceleration

Totally disagree.
This is what we paid for:

5 Likes