Flint AX V4.1.0

Love the new overview page…however now I’m worried about my CPU temp especially given the discussions in the Slate AX thread. Time to do some cooling in my comms cupboard I think :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Mine doesn’t get over 69 at max power (1gbp/s download).

You should def find a better location for it, or indeed add some cooling😄

1 Like

Bit of shelf re-arranging and a cheapo $15AU laptop cooler and voila… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This update is class, its fixed most issues I had

can I allocate another SSID with a vpn with this? Ive dseen people mentions multi WAN !

cheers and good work

3 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: I;m glad for the proper device naming implementations

I’m still disgusted with DMZ and port forwarding NOT working together :face_vomiting:

In the category of devices (when the change name of devices in clients page),… I can’t find “Storage Device” or “NAS”. Meaning, i cannot mount an external NAS drive? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I also notice Adguard cannot be updated to latest version Nor encryption can be enabled in Adguard (like previous firmwares).

1 Like

This has not been resolved? @yuxin.zou

Any chance to include Air VPN ( https://airvpn.org/ ) in the final release?

So far so good on both Flint & Slate AX, well done guys.

I must say I’m happy to play with Flint again with this beta release. Im definitely running Mullvad wireguard at full speed at 500 Mbps from South Africa to France over my fibre line.

No more issues either with my wireguard setup with vpn domain policies, socks 5 proxy file is really stable. will check over time

Hope to see the brume2 device soon for sale.

2 Likes

I have my Flint now running on a Kastar 12V3A P.S. along with a $8 mini laptop fan. Happy with my temps now.
FlintTempCelsius
FlintTempFarenheit

2 Likes

Not yet resolved. In order to release the new firmware as soon as possible, we had to postpone some features to the next version. Firewall feature scheduled to be optimized in version 4.2.

If it was resolved, i wouldn’t be seeing this :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
“If you enable DMZ, your port forward and port open rules will not take effect.”

…unless, removal of this message was forgotten?

No. It is not yet resolved. That is what @yuxin.zou says.

ok,… :face_vomiting: i will continue to wait,…

My NAS needs either Port Forwarding or DMZ
also
My NVR needs either Port Forwarding or DMZ

:heart_eyes: It would be so cool if “Port Triggering” is implemented :heart_eyes_cat: This will solve so many future device and port related problems

Can you use port forwarding for your NAS and NVR now?

I could Not use NVR and NAS in your last firmware and in this firmware, I’ve Not tried (as already the page says “If you enable DMZ, your port forward and port open rules will not take effect”.

DMZ is already active on [Cop Router\NVR] ip address

NAS requires various open ports (as they’re giving many services) so I usually put it on DMZ while NVR requires few ports open (only when cops want to remotely view my area, some ports are needed to be open). Because of current situation,… I’ve chosen to put NVR on DMZ (as cops are involved).

Right Ive told my router to ignore certain devices and route traffic around it, and I know it is because I’m getting my full bandwidth, but amazon wont work as in the main amazon.com, turn the VPN off and amazon.com works, how is this the case if my bandwidth is the full non VPN speed? whats going on here and how do I fix it, thank you !!

Ben.

Running an anonymus Samba Share with a USB 64GB Thumb Drive.

Normally the router sits around 56% memory usage

If I copy a file from my notebook to the thumb drive, memory usage jumps up and stays high.

Does this happen for anyone else? Is it normal? Should I be worried?

A reboot will bring it back down to the 56% mark again.

1 Like

It may be due to file caching by Samba:

If memory is required by other processes, the cache would be freed up automatically by the system.

I do not work for and I am not directly associated with GL.iNet

2 Likes

Yes…This is normal…And not just for GL.iNet routers. It does this for other routers as well (different brands). Linux handles memory differently. It will recoup the memory when needed. You won’t come up short on memory unless you load a LOT of Plugins. It will be fine. If it really bothers you you can simply reboot the router and it will show as normal memory usage again (But it’s not necessary to do that).

2 Likes

New android glinet apk 1.4.0, file sharing issue there is fixed.

1 Like