Flint AX V4.1.0

Has anyone noticed this? After upgrading to 4.1.0 beta1, I found that the router shows up in my blueooth devices list when doing discover. It’s probably used to allow the mobile app to find the device during first-time setup. I just found this interesting because I don’t believe I saw anything about this router having bluetooth functionality.

gl-ax1800 screenshot3

1 Like

I also found my Flint on the list when doing bluetooth scanning :slight_smile:
The more interesting thing is only Android phone can detect it, Apple phone can’t.

1 Like

I found it to the bluetooth!, I hope in the future I can disable it again :stuck_out_tongue:

The settings should cache in the browser. If not then needs a fix.

Oh…That explains that…I always clear cache (when closing the browser and usually when leaving a site)…

In android glinet apk 1.3.1, File Sharing button does nothing.

I noticed one bug in this firmware and app 1.3.1 with a more advanced network with multiple dhcp subnets I think its the same on older firmwares aswell:

• Clients always appear offline when they have a different dhcp subnet than the router.

It would be nice if the router can have more awareness of those other clients, luci shows them I think they use a arp table or something because it finds them slowly over time.

Also I would like to add a small request:

Please add wifi mac whitelist/blacklist option like from luci, even though ppl can spoof it I still like this option because it gives the intruder the assumption the wifi password is wrong :yum:

Thanks for your feedback. We will check it.
In fact, when the 1.3 version of the app was developed, we also didn’t have a stable 4.1 firmware. It will be released in beta next week.

i notice this too, looks cool but i dont now if this can be a security breach, maybe add and option that blueetoh can be on or off, but i think that right now this can be disable via ssh or luci

Version 1.4 of the App will try to resolve it.
The App will save the LAN IP of the router instead of just trying to connect to the current gateway.

1 Like

Love the new overview page…however now I’m worried about my CPU temp especially given the discussions in the Slate AX thread. Time to do some cooling in my comms cupboard I think :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Mine doesn’t get over 69 at max power (1gbp/s download).

You should def find a better location for it, or indeed add some cooling😄

1 Like

Bit of shelf re-arranging and a cheapo $15AU laptop cooler and voila… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This update is class, its fixed most issues I had

can I allocate another SSID with a vpn with this? Ive dseen people mentions multi WAN !

cheers and good work

3 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: I;m glad for the proper device naming implementations

I’m still disgusted with DMZ and port forwarding NOT working together :face_vomiting:

In the category of devices (when the change name of devices in clients page),… I can’t find “Storage Device” or “NAS”. Meaning, i cannot mount an external NAS drive? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I also notice Adguard cannot be updated to latest version Nor encryption can be enabled in Adguard (like previous firmwares).

1 Like

This has not been resolved? @yuxin.zou

Any chance to include Air VPN ( https://airvpn.org/ ) in the final release?

So far so good on both Flint & Slate AX, well done guys.

I must say I’m happy to play with Flint again with this beta release. Im definitely running Mullvad wireguard at full speed at 500 Mbps from South Africa to France over my fibre line.

No more issues either with my wireguard setup with vpn domain policies, socks 5 proxy file is really stable. will check over time

Hope to see the brume2 device soon for sale.

2 Likes

I have my Flint now running on a Kastar 12V3A P.S. along with a $8 mini laptop fan. Happy with my temps now.
FlintTempCelsius
FlintTempFarenheit

2 Likes

Not yet resolved. In order to release the new firmware as soon as possible, we had to postpone some features to the next version. Firewall feature scheduled to be optimized in version 4.2.