GL-MT300N-V2 as WiFi /LAN Bridge for NAS & PC

My NAS and PC do not have a WiFi card or adapter and both are far away from GL-AX1800 (my main router). I want to use GL-MT300N-V2 as a WiFi solution for NAS and PC. I have tried putting GL-MT300N in repeater and access point mode but both modes didn’t work when LAN cables were plugged into it for NAS and PC. I changed its WAN port to LAN as well.

Is there any way I can use GL-MT300N as WiFi /LAN bridge for devices not having WiFi ?

Are you connecting the Mango by cable? If you are then it should work in Access Point mode but you’ll only have one LAN port.

You could also connect wirelessly in Extender mode and then both your ports should become LAN ports on the same subnet as your Flint.

1 Like

Extender network mode should work for your situation:

You may have to assign them with static IP addresses to your NAS and PC:

I do not work for and I am not directly associated with GL.iNet

1 Like

No Mango is used wirelessly in extender mode. It shows on the main router as a client but then NAS connected to the LAN port of Mango doesn’t show up on the main router in the client list. Also, there is no connectivity when the PC is connected to the WiFi of Mango.

I have tried this with GL-AR750S as well and have followed guides in this post but couldn’t get where port forwarding should be? On the main router ?

Did you assign static IP addresses to your Mango, NAS and PC? You do not need port forwarding for Mango in Extender network mode.

EDIT: The Mango LAN IP address must be in a different subnet than the GL-AX1800, NAS and PC. The Mango IP is only used to access its Admin portal.

I do not work for and I am not directly associated with GL.iNet

can you try the wds mode on Mango?