How to connect Gl-E750 (MIDI) to PC using cable and USB Ethernet adapter

Hello . I would appreciate any advice or help. I can’t figure out how to connect E750 (mudi) to PC so I can see aap’s interface mudi at the same time be connected to the internet? At this stage, I do not want to insert a SIM card.

Maybe this post could be helpful:

Hello . Thank you for your response and willingness to help.
The router comes with a usb-c / lan adapter. I do not understand how to connect to MUDI using only lan and see the MUDI interface on the computer?

Can anyone answer this simple question?))

Pls check the connections First Time Setup - GL.iNet Docs

The port is lan by default.

Thank you very much for your answer and link. But the manual does not answer my question. This question is probably one of the most important. The user bought the device and it needs to be configured via the PC web interface. You need to do a lot of additional settings! To do this, the user must understand how to connect the MUDI using lan NOT using wifi ! So :

1. Have a home router (connected to the internet)
  2. Have a MUDI ( USB-C port replicator)
  3. Have PC

All this must be connected with a cable.

You don’t connect to your router at all, only the PC is needed. There are very clear directions with pictures in the link posted. There is no way to connect to the Internet using another router that I am aware of. If I might ask, why do you need Internet through another device to set it up?

Thanks for the answer . Okay, let’s design the situation. I have a PC. This computer is connected via cable to the provider from which I receive Internet. I have a MUDI which I connect to a PC via LAN which may already be busy! I have one LAN on PC.

What should I do so that I can see the tt interface on my PC and at the same time I can, for example, update the MUDI firmware?

Download the firmware to the PC, then unplug from the home router and plug into the mudi, upload the firmware you downloaded on the PC to mudi, all finished. Since the mudi is intended as an lte router you’re making the whole process harder by handicapping it and not using a SIM card.
Alternately you could plug both the PC and the mudi into the home lan and set up port forwarding on the home router to allow you to access the mudi ui

Do you have WiFi there? At least you can put your phone in hotspot mode and have WiFi.

Then you can config Mudi using repeater to connect to your hotspot. PC connect to Mudi’s lan. Then Mudi has Internet.

@alzhao Hello . Thank you for your answer . I already tried the option you suggested, it works! You’re right, I connected my PC via LAN got internet on MUDI. I see the MUDI interface, I can configure it and also update the firmware (for example)

But my task is to do the same using a cable. Does MUDI have such an opportunity or has none of the developers thought about it? The cable has always been and remains the most reliable and secure means of setting up network equipment. I think you know this better than me))

@Exile1975 Hello . Thank you for your answer . As for downloading the firmware update, this was an example, I saw in the MUDI settings that you can install the update locally.

If we talk about limitations)) I would like to set up MUDI before I use it. That is, I set up all the processes that I need and then insert a sim card and use what I set up. This is logical.

As for the settings in the local network and port forwarding, this procedure greatly complicates the process of using the device. In other words, in order for me to set up MUDI, I need to reconfigure my router and then set up MUDI) Just in case, please give me a link to the manual on how to do this.

Can I use this device Baseus Steel Cannon Series USB A Gigabit LAN Adapter Dark grey - ibaseus.com via USB to have a MUDI interface on a PC? This is only a cable connection MUDI.
Right now there is only one connection scheme for WI-FI as a repeater.

@alzhao @Johnex @panpan @kyson-lok @Leo

Most likely it is a yes. It needs a software driver. But generally very general one.

@alzhao well, I will soon buy such a connector and I will definitely write how everything went, if they don’t get ahead of me))

I’m sure that in the future when you upgrade your device it would be great to have this functionality by default so the user will have two ways to connect to the PC to customize the interface MUDI. Maybe it will be an additional USB-C port replicator LAN+WAN etc

1 Like

The URL has a photo that shows the adapter has the Asix AX88179 chipset, so you check can check if the kmod-usb-net-asix-ax88179 package is installed or can be installed.

I do not work for and I am not directly associated with GL.iNet

@wcs2228 Hello. Thank you very much for your reply. Are you saying that before I can use this LAN Adapter/USB, I will need to install ’ kmod-usb-net-asix-ax88179 ? Did I understand you correctly? Without kmod-usb-net-asix-ax88179 this adapter will not work?

You can check if the package is already installed by looking up the plugs-ins on the MUDI. If not installed, you can install the packagte now even if you do not have the adapter yet. Alternatively, you can plug in the adapter after you receive it and, if it does not work, then install the package.

I do not have a MUDI, so I cannot check. I have several USB Ethernet adapters that have the pretty common Realtek RTL8153 chipset and its driver package was already preinstalled on my Gl.iNet routers.

@wcs2228 Thank you very much for the recommendation, I will definitely write a review because I think that the user of this device should be able to connect via cable (LAN) to configure the MUDI interface, since situations are different.

Keep in mind the MUDI has a USB-A 2.0 port, not USB 3. Just bear that in mind when purchasing your ethernet adapter since the one you posted looks to be USB 3.

@dcarter9 Thank you advice. This is a picture for an example so that those who read now or later understand what I mean. There is another option here. USB 2.0 Ethernet RJ45 Network Adapter QF9700
u