List of current feature requests 2022

When looking at the ‘Cells Info’ of the Mobile Network Connection, if the Signal Status is ‘Good’ it is shown in a Yellow that is very hard to read against the white background of the page.

Could the shade be changed slightly to make it more readable?

1 Like

A must: :arrow_right: Adding a checkbox to enable/disable SIP ALG. This would avoid having to go in the kernel and manually edit files to allow VOIP traffic to run over the router (refer to discussion [Disable/Enable SIP ALG]

3 Likes

I think it would be cool to see mobile 5G GL.iNet devices, perhaps with WiFi 6

2 Likes

On “Clients” page, I like the switch that turns Blocks an IP address BUT,…

I want 2 CheckBox :ballot_box_with_check: :ballot_box_with_check:

… to “Block WAN” and/or “Block LAN”

EDIT:
I also want ability to change Name of device (I HATE the nameless * or some annoying names set on various devices)

Don’t suggest me LuCi (because I will take that as “go to hell”) :hot_face:

Change name will be there. But why two checkbox?

One Checkbox to Block access to LAN only and another to Block access to WAN only (internet)

If both Checkbox is enabled, client is will be blocked completely

Some devices like printers automatically connect to internet (send user analytics to their company without user knowledge)

Some devices which are meant to access internet only, query around and disturb other devices (again without user knowledge)

“isolate clients” would be useful also so that clients will not be able to interact with other clients, it’s available in luci with some models, would be great to add into the glinet admin panel.

My request for two checkbox serves this purpose of “isolate clients” already. If “Block LAN” is ON while “Block WAN” is OFF, client is already considered isolated and can only access internet

edit: on “Clients” page, the Title above switches is “Block” only,…
Over there, I want “Block LAN | Block WAN” as title and below the title, I want CheckBoxes that turns ON or OFF the function
:ballot_box_with_check: :ballot_box_with_check:

1 Like

I feel there should be a button in the main GL iNet GUI that collects debug information and then either produces a zipped or gzipped tar file that can be downloaded from the router to the user’s PC using the GUI.

After several years of reading this forum, I keep seeing requests for debug information, like the output of dmesg, logread, wg, ps, top, ip addr, ip link, config file information, … . This is normally followed by an explanation on how to use ssh to gather this information and then how to transfer the information to a PC so it can be sent to support. Why not just make it real simple to gather up all the debug information and put in on the user’s PC so they can submit it.

Using regular expressions and sed, you could even filter out information like IP address and Wireguard keys.

3 Likes

In firmware 4.x you can export the log from the UI with a .zip now.

1 Like

It would be nice to see the connection uptime on the main screen of the router.

2 Likes

SQM cake fq_codel or nss schedulers should be installed by default along with QoS. Also custom firewall rules too is needed.

Can this SOC be integrated? Plz n thank u

1 Like

We have a list of Quectel 5G modules under consideration now. Hope to add support

2 Likes

FIREWALL Page must have

1. “Blocklist” and
  2. “Block Country” (specially if you will allow WebDAV or inward connections).

Blocklist can contain list of known attackers
(user can upload from URL or Local file)

Block Country can contain IP address range allocated by countries (User can Check :ballot_box_with_check: to block countries)

3 Likes

I want an option to “Reboot into Uboot mode” from Admin Panel (because I hate going behind router and mess with Reset buttons) :nauseated_face::face_vomiting:

This option can go into

MORE SETTINGS > Revert Firmwares Page,

Or

UPGRADE Page

AND Also,… I prefer Uboot allowing Full BackUp/Restores to USB or NAS :face_with_spiral_eyes:

3 Likes

I want to further amend THIS feature request,…

I want you guys to develop an APP that securely allows pairing to your routers (QR code that we can see in Admin Panel and your APP can use camera to scan QR). Paired device can open Router home page within APP and allow access to NAS from anywhere in the world.

This app can override the previous feature request rules of IP/Country blocklist and have more privileges (as it could be gl-net home-made APP??)

2 Likes

160MHz bandwidth in 5GHz

2 Likes

So,… This will be my last feature request “Port Triggering” page near Port Forwarding page.

If you guys advertise as routers capable of connecting 140 devices,… surely some devices will need same open ports (like 443) and DMZ+Port Forwarding may give access to only 2 devices :face_vomiting:

Port Triggering (Specify ports to allow devices on your local network to dynamically open specific external ports and forward packets (from the Internet) to the device that triggered it) is a “must” and last

2 Likes

I would like to have the ability to manage the LEDs on the web interface for the MT1300 beryl router. What I imagine is a panel in which the user can set the brightness of the LEDs with a percentage from 0% to 100%, perhaps using a slider, and a scheduler to automatically turn off the LEDs in a certain time slot, for example from 22:00 to 7:00 in the morning.

I was able to reduce the brightness of the LEDs by modifying the configuration file /usr/bin/mt1300_led and to manage the scheduling of the LEDs on or off using the crontab panel under luci, but it would be much more convenient if it were possible to manage everything from the main page.

Thank you

3 Likes