Meet Flint 2 (GL-MT6000 )

Looks to have a lot more venting in the top cover, and the body is taller with more venting across the back. But you’re right, the weight is up 75%

I think its product positioning is as home router, that weight doesn’t matter much. :grimacing:

I know, I’m not complaining about the weight. Just insinuating that it has a lot of metal. The Filogic 830 is very energy efficient, so I guess temps will be low

Yes, You can prioritize dual WAN ports or use both WAN ports at the same time.

Does it will be 160MHz bandwith like beryl ax?

Also, a working UPNP and Full Cone NAT would be nice for gaming and torrent.

1 Like

Given OpenWRT itself does not seem to support that, I highly doubt that it would have that.

nice! looking forward testing this device. I’m running 12x Flint 1.0 on different locations and it’s rock solid.
Hopefully we can expect GL device with SFP/10Gbit port also in near future

Looking forward to this, when is it released ?, ive been using the Flint 1 for a couple of years now and its been rock solid as others have said, ive recently been looking for a router which has a 2.5g WAN and 2.5g LAN, as long as I dont have to wait forever for this to be released then i’ll wait.

1 Like

Yes,and will support Full cone NAT.

2 Likes

When is release in Europe and at what price ???

I’ve found sites that sell it for $750, but that’s absolutely too expensive.

1 Like

It must not be Flint2.

it is pictured and described as such. Just use google it can be seen there too

not for sale yet, so either you saw some other brand product or it’s a scam.

Wow looks like they have a pretty similar product lineup. I’m wondering if the firmware is the same.

Available on back-order… so they added their branding, and are waiting for it to come out to resell it.
Even if they buy it for $10, they simply intend to slap a reciper-soho-pro label on top of it, and change the price.

Don’t forget the extended warranty and on-site installation that takes it to a cool $1,163.00 :rofl:

it’s very cheap, almost a bargain. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

any news about release date? i need to buy a router by the end of september

1 Like

this is a very interesting device :+1:, I think I gonna use it for my internet modem and my Mochabin only for lancache since the cpu is faster :slight_smile:

And it is a mediatek which is better supported in OpenWrt.

Only features I would like to be added:

• a option to quickly turn a router into a dumbap with no firewall etcetera.

• maybe the use of vxlan or GRE, I have been trying GRE lately and it removes alot of extra work especially if you encapsulate vlan in the tunnel and you had to reset the managed switch, this way it can even work through an unmanaged switch without stripping the vlan you only need another router capable to talk with GRE.

• vlan management