MT-6000 Temperature sensor

I just noticed the MT-6000 doesn’t have a temperature sensor or a least it’s not showing on the UI

It it’s me or it’s by design?

@staff

None of the non portable devices show it in the GUI.

You can use SSH to get the temperature:
awk '{print $1/1000}' /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp

Yeah, this it’s my first non portable GL.iNet router :sweat_smile:

If you setup collectd in Luci, and install the collectd-mod-thermal plugin you’ll get thermal graphs - the plugins are great and incredibly simple to setup.

Thanks for the suggestion :call_me_hand:

Here’s what it looks like - as you can see there’s plugins to monitor my internet, cpu, wifi, etc

Wondering why the dev’s where so lazy and didn’t add the feature like the small routers, I mean the hardware capability it’s there so why not? :person_facepalming:

@staff

2 Likes

Not sure either, but to be honest I only use Luci and not the GL front end…I wanted something highly customisable but with good hardware support for OpenWRT. Fantastic little box…makes a better security appliance than the more expensive UniFi solutions.

Yeah I know right, but to be honest I just mess with LuCI from time to time, most of the time I just want to open the app get it done and move alone :rofl:

It would be great to have alerts on temperature on GoodCloud. If this is something easy to do for developers, then that would be great

It is not a question about laziness. It is more an issue about the users. See the temperature display discussion was made before.
Take a search here in the forum about the Slate AX.

... a lot of explaining and misunderstandings.