MT3000 Beryl AX Open Source WiFi driver firmware

I didn’t pay much attention to the dns when it was having issues. But now that I’ve set it to reboot at 3am in the morning I haven’t have any issues. Been running with WireGuard and AdGuard for the past few days without issue.

1 Like

It’s pretty clear there is an underlying firmware issue, best to wait until they release updated firmware with fixes and the new open source driver.

1 Like

Don’t know will help or not, the 23.05.2 version of normal openwrt does not seem to have the buggy connection issues. Hopefully the 4.6.0 can be based on stable 23.05.2 instead of 23-snapshot

6 Likes

There are some package compatibility issues .

Could you show us more detail?

1 Like

Hello developers, based on openwrt 23.05.2 stable release date ?

Beware of the 4.6.0 snapshot from the https://dl.gl-inet.com. Despite it also being version 4.6.0 like this with OpenWRT 23.05 and opensource mt76 wifi drivers it is in fact a 21.02 version with MTK SDK based drivers. Learned it the hard way when upgrading from earlier 4.6.0 version from this thread to the latest snapshot from the website and now I cannot connect to the device via GoodCloud. Will need to investigate on-site some other time as I use it as a remote Access Point.

3 Likes

Indeed… what a mess, it’s not 4.6 …

1 Like

I would also like to know the answer to this. Just got stuck trying to get travelmate plug-in working and it sounds like a firmware release based on OpenWrt 23.05.2 would get me unstuck. Thank you.

can we get an update!?

1 Like

Yes it has been a long time coming…

1 Like

I’m very sorry that keeping you wait so long. The open source WIFI driver have a 2.4G issue. that we can’t fixed it right now(Same to MT6000). So we suspend the new version.

1 Like

That’s unfortunate as 4.6 beta1 fixed all 5G issues and actually run pretty stable, I personally don’t care about 2.4G.

So what is the path forward and why is the snapshot listed as 4.6 but is based on the old OpenWrt 21 ?

Super confusing…

2 Likes

This device needs to be recalled then, can I organise a refund, the device simply does not work.

1 Like

I mean is there a solution for this ahead?

Sorry for your bad experience. And yes, you can mail to cs@gl-inet.com. they will help you to the next step.

Put aside the 2.4G issue. Maybe the opensource wifi driver is a good way. I will continue to push it.

1 Like

Sorry to bother you. The info i get is different with yours, I will check it. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I really want to use this device, it will be perfect if stable, if you are going to keep working on the driver I will wait.

I update a 4.6(open version) in google drive for test.
Now our oficial snapshot version is based on 21.02.
So if you want to use 23.05 you need to download the on from google drive.
Thanks.