New firmware version 4.6 being released for beta testing

The release notes for 4.6.1 beta explain that it was leaking DNS over VPN and breaking Tailscale, it wasn't stable at all.

I did already. From 0.107.46 to 0.107.51 now. Hope that will fix the problem. I have to wait and see....

Mine's working without any problems at all and Ive got several custom blocklists also including the 2 default lists. What I did was disable Adguard Home, deleted its directory inside /etc/AdGuardHome then run the update script again and enable the Adguard. You need to then access Adguard's GUI and set ports to 3000 and 3053.

There is a 4.6 Beta released yesterday (20/Jun/2024). This is the fixed version?

The first and second issues we did not reproduce…
The third issue has been fixed
The fourth issue is being fixed.

2 Likes

Users in some time zones can't use adguard home in this version. so we've withdrawn it.

1 Like

Is it possible to add temperature monitoring or even simply displaying the current temperature on "Overview" with Flint 2? Thanks!

5 Likes

@yuxin.zou will X750v2 and E750v2 have force HTTPS to admin feature in near future? Is it even planned?

They will be upgraded to 4.6 or later in the next feature upgrade, which will support manually enabling the option to force the use of https.

Actually the fan and temperature display feature of Slate AX is not good ...... it creates panic among too many users. Most people lack knowledge about CPU operating temperature, they even think that 70°C is too high.
On Flint 2 this panic will increase ...... They don't even know what they can do. Flint 2 doesn't have a fan.
So we won't consider adding it.

6 Likes

What do you mean by this? Can you explain?

The reason is valid, I understand.
I have not tried it yet, but is it possible to provide the temperature data through SMNP or REST? So the more advanced users, who should know how to read 70° on a chip, could use it for a dashboard?

1 Like

I dont think that this is a good point. Temperature monitoring is very good so that we can prolong the device life or even consider it when we debug. If some people are confused / panicking over it then maybe we should educate them. Having a short part on the already amazing documentation page of GL inet or even creating a good UI / UX design that gives an idea for the user if the temps were low, medium, or high (ie, green, orange, red) or even tooltip would be enough. I think its far more dangerous if we don't have a gauge or idea on the current temps of our device since temps are usually a common tell tale sign when something is wrong. I hope you understand. However, if the decision's final then there's nothing we can really do about it.

What about colour coding the temperatures or exposing them somewhere for a 3rd party app to read from?

I use collectd, check this out collectd-mod-thermal

2 Likes

Does awk '{print $1/1000}' /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp not work?

@yuxin.zou and @alzhao can you add this toggle (it is already present in LuCi) or just make it by default?

This should protect from deauth attacks

1 Like

By default isn't a good idea because many devices (older ones) cannot work with 802.11w.
Switching to plain WPA3 is btw. a way to protect as well, since 802.11w is always enabled then.

Ok. Toggle in GUI. It is just uci call so it should be simple to implement

My findings are still same with the new firmware dated 2024-06-20

Ports are closed, VPNed devices are trapped and Adguard doesn't show VPN'ed devices

Some Extenders are online but they appear Offline in client's list (I can access device homepage)

1 Like