New firmware version 4.6 being released for beta testing

is it coming for the S1300?

1 Like

In other words, a lot of people think the cpu should work below 50Ā°Cā€¦

1 Like

In fact, we are considering a page accessible only to users with a technical background to provide experimental features or technical parameters.

5 Likes

It's not confirmed if the firmware will be officially pushed, but at least it will have a beta version.

4.6.1 stable

VPN Devices not shown in Adguards request Protocol list.
I upgraded Adguard already with the Script from Admon, same...

Thanks

Was there any problem with the release of stable 4.6.0 for the mt6000?
I saw that it was released for the mt3000 and 4.6.1 for the mt2500.

@yuxin.zou

Can we get a new op24 beta for the MT3000, please?

@yuxin.zou @hansome

3 Likes

The op24 beta for me is working well, fixes the wifi/repeater issues. Hoping this becomes mainstream build.

1 Like

Good day yuxin. I upgraded today with snapshot 4.6 (06-25 rel) for MT6000 and release notes include this:

2024-06-24 : UI added lock tower info of the modem.

So I tried with my M.2 to USB / ETH device, configured it to use RMNET (QMI), selected /dev/cdc-wdm0 on MT6000 and it works fine. I also noticed that SMS now works properly. However, I can't seem to find any related UI changes based on one of the release notes I specified above. I thought we were already getting the bells and whistles of full GL modem feature such as tower locking etc (since I know that its quite possible / feasible since the only main communication you'll use is AT). May I know what that release note actually is? Thanks!

That's because version 4.6.0 of mt2500 was found to have a problem and we fixed it, hence the version number +1.
This does not mean that there is some problem with version 4.6.0 of MT6000.

It should have newer beta versions available, I'd check the download center.

It looks as if this is wrong. This looks like the next version of the code. Thanks for the heads up.

1 Like

That explains why. No problem there. I really hope that these modem features will get included to MT6000 and other GL routers that supports USB cell since M.2 to ETH (with USB) board is really getting popular now.

stable version 4.6.0 was released for the mt6000 and soon after it was deleted, did something happen?

It's back up now. I tried to upgrade however it says the download failed...

It's not back... they just didn't update the download page

Ah it was back up because I downloaded the firmware, but I see it's not there now. They must be having issue with it. Best to leave it a few hours to see if they get it sorted.

1 Like

Yes, a user has reported a bug with a high impact and we need to fix it.

2 Likes

what is the difference with the new beta for the flint 2 compared to the one compiled previously?

@yuxin.zou I updated to stable 4.6.0 which was withdrawn, then 4.6.1 was available so updated to that out of precaution but now 4.6.1 too has been withdrawn for the Brume 2, I haven't noticed any problems so far, am I ok? There nothing critical as to why the last 4.6.1 stable build was pulled? Also I'm guessing the next release should be a stable, stable 4.6.2?