New Models have v3 Tor?

There are new GL models all of the time and I want to know if these have Tor that supports v3 services? Please list each model that does this.

I dont know I understand your question right. How ever, newer gl firmware versions (can be since 3.15 or so on) are supporting Tor without need to install a older special Tor version, perhaps Tor 3.0 version or so on.

I dont know I understand your question right.

Then please ask questions or do research because my question is the correct one. Maybe you do not understand what Tor v3 services means and you must do research to understand? Maybe this can help:

My question, does any firmwares support this feature? (Older firmwares were using Tor services v2, and that will not be usable very soon.)

I check, v3 is already supported if you use Tor in 3.203. I can access both v2 and v3 domains.

3g2upl4pq6kufc4m.onion
cathug2kyi4ilneggumrenayhuhsvrgn6qv2y47bgeet42iivkpynqad.onion

Thank you!

But 3.203 only exists for one model? (SF-1200): GL.iNet download center

3.203 is available for all models. But not yet released.

But Tor v3 works on 3.201 as well because Tor version is the same.

Okay thank you!

But some models do not have Tor, other models have Tor. This is not because of version (3.201) but something else? Because there is no explanation of firmwares I do not know until I try. Can you give list, ok here but would be good to have on download page?

Because I am not ask only about software versions, but models because I want to know what models have Tor so I know what I can use to replace bad ar300m that do not accept uboot now.

Not all models has Tor pre-installed because after upgrade to openwrt 1907, there is no space to hold Tor.

For routers with big storage, e.g. GL-AR750s, you need to install package gl-tor and you will have Tor in the UI.

For routers with 16MB flash only, e.g. MT300n-v2, the free space is not big to hold Tor. So we built a Tor image. In this image we removed other packages e.g. openvpn to save space.

We will revise the firmware page in Aug and Sep.

Okay This is what I am always talking about when I say explanation of firmwares. It is a little crazy that every time I must upgrade, I must ask questions here. Why are these information not available when download as explanation of firmwares?

Okay but.

“For routers with 16MB flash only, e.g. MT300n-v2, the free space is not big to hold Tor. So we built a Tor image. In this image we removed other packages e.g. openvpn to save space.”

Two questions:

1. exactly what are routers in this situation?
  2. “Tor” image look like is very old. 2.x, so I was ignoring. Do you say that it is new (using Openwrt19.07?)

We will revise the firmware page in Aug and Sep.

Will you after so many years put all these explanations? If you do not then really this “revise” is not revising page, only having new firmwares.

AR150
AR750
MT300N-V2
MiFi
X750
X300B

This is list of routers that do not support Tor in default? Okay, thank you! Please do not mind that I will ask you again next time I must upgrade until you put these informations on download page.

But second question about these routers. You say there is Tor firmwares for them. But I think this is old kernel or something?

Also you said that if router can not support Tor in firmware then there is a version of Tor. But AR750 do not have Tor version: GL.iNet download center

But you say AR750 also is too small for Tor in regular version.

So please explain. Thank you.

Hello!
I have AR750 and I can see that gl-tor package ca be installed on it. I don’t know if it works fine or not, that’s not my main router. Also i have done extroot with 512mb flash usb on AR750 that’s why I have ~419Mb free space on it to install things.

1 Like

But @alzhao already wrote that this does not work on AR750. It can be in the list of softwares to install but alzhao says there is not enough space on the device.

Also I am asking if Tor exist in the firmwares images, not if you can add later. Because to download you must use internet and some places it is not safe to download Tor software so my question is what have this, not what is possible to make work.

Also thank you.

@David said he used exroot and he has plenty of space.

No. David did not say anythings about exroot. David also said that he did not install gl-tor, only that he saw it in list. Exact words: “I have AR750 and I can see that gl-tor package ca be installed on it.”

Also, David does not work for GL I think? But alzhao do? So really now.

Oh also I did not ask anythings about if it is possible to install Tor. My post says “New Models have v3 Tor”? Not if I can install this.

You can search the page and you can find the text “exroot”

Your questions has been answered in my first reply to this post.

But this does not prevent other people answering your question in others words. You did ask questions about storage and David said exroot. I think he is not off topic.

I did not say David is off topic. Why are you trying to say I think David is off topic. David is on topic, but David make the assumption that to see gl-tor in software list is meaning that gl-tor can install. But you say before that this model do not allow gl-tor to install because space so I try to make this clear.

Okay you did give this first response:

I check, v3 is already supported if you use Tor in 3.203. I can access both v2 and v3 domains.

But I do not really ask if can access v3 services. I asked if new models support v3 services. So I can create Tor v3 service that live on router (like before with v2) and can access router over Tor network. Always I think was possible to access other websites. My question is if software support creating v3.

Also, what do you mean “use Tor in 3.203?” Do you mean when it is necessary to install gl-tor using manual install?