Proposal for next glinet travel router and MiFi router hardware

For now the upcoming routers will still be on the Qualcomm chips, but moving away from the QSDK, so they will be more up to date :slight_smile:

Going back to MediaTek could be interesting for the future, probably not this year though. More chipsets will be released by then hopefully to have some more options.

Here are some upcoming products you can take a look at:

1 Like

Yes, I’ve seen the upcoming products, and the A1300 looks quite promising - might grab one once it’s released.

They are any news on question on beginning of 2021 ?

Sorry No.

Will 2.4G or 5G only AX be an option? You see that the AX routers are way too big.

Looks like Neatgear now has a wifi6 travel router with 5G built-in!

Wonder if the chipsets inside are any good for a next-gen gl-inet travel router

Huawei has that one year ago.

It is using solution of smartphone chipset.

My only complaint about the travel router (Puli / Mundi) is no optional external antenna for better throughput on both LTE / WiFi. Seems it’s either battery and integrated, or external and wall power.

It can be you ca save time and money by implement like the follow:

Actual standard looks on this moment for me:

• Wifi 6E ( that’s mean 2.4 GHz + 5 Ghz + 6 GHz ) That`s supported p.e. by Intel AX210.
  • BT 5.2 looks for me as the actual BT version, is supported p.e. by Intel AX210.

The Intel AX210 are available in follow sizes:

• M,2 2230, M.2 1216

Vendor recommend price:

• $11.00 - $17.00

See datasheet:

It can be your preferred vendor are offering a comparable device.

This is a WiFi card and it requires a host.

Check out this guy’s new product he’s making. He found a way to make the modem interchangeable.

Insty Connect - The best mobile internet system

He has a video where he shows how the modem is in a module. These are like $1000, but here’s the video where he starts talking the modem being modular (starting at 603 seconds).

1 Like

In effect, it looks like he is putting the modem in a box with a USB connection, and embedding it in the antenna.

Supporting actual standards like WiFi 6 E, BT 5.2 and what ever the standard by internet by mobile and sim card is, will be great. Can be its LTE or what ever. The WiFi 6 and BT 5.2 are supported p.e. by Intel AX 210 card.

A I guess, they will be like this from gl prefered vendor too.