Wireguard Server - DynDNS

Team,

currently I use a pi as wireguardserver which need a DynDNS entry - I use my own DynDNS name - So far so good.

I only find the DDNS option in the menu so I ask if it is possible to insert the own DynDNS name in the separate wg-config file?

Thanks a lot for response.

Best
Neuro

You will need to manually edit your wg.conf file to include a 3rd party DDNS.

Thanks..and how to...which config file - example?

I would say: Everytime you download the config file you need to adjust it manually.

U mean the client config file?
Ok, I would use the existing config files as a template...

I don't understand why you need your own DDNS since even the VPN server isn't on the router itself.

Why you don't configure everything on the Pi?

Did I understand you correctly that the WG Server at MT6000 isn't a WG server itself ?
At the moment I use a router wihtout wg server technics and a separate pi as a wg server and now I thought to saveing this device(pi)...?!

The MT6000 is a WG server itself. Just enable WG server and enable DDNS and you are good to go.

I don't really get the question, tbh. You can use GLDDNS - it's builtin.

Please excuse my reticence but I did not want to discuss the reason why I do not use the buildin GLDDNS but how I can use my DynDNS address - if I can enter this instead of the GLDDNS address in the WG server config file, my question is answered to the fullest satisfaction.

Best
Neuro

Alright. It's a weird decision.

You need to adjust the DDNS address inside your client config every time you create a new client.

1 Like

Thx admon!!

1 Like

Hi again,
allow me to ask another question about the WG VPN:
Did I really understand correctly that only 1 client can/may use the VPN server at a time?
...I would like to see all family members in the secure home VPN

Thanks a lot
Neuro

No, multiple clients are totally possible.

in parallel, more than 1 client at the same time???
When more than 1 client will be conected via VPN how can I monitor the clients in dashboard?
Sorry...how can I make the clint visible in AGH - I only see local host 127.0.0.0...

THx
Neuro

As many clients as you want - as long as the router and your internet connection can handle it.

For the 2nd question about AGH:

„AdGuard Home handles Clients“ was and is enabled...
I can see all local hostnames but no VPN host (localhost is displayed...)

Afaik VPN isn't able to do so.

Thx, is it a GL-iNET or an openwrt issue??

I would say it's an issue of how VPN and DNS works.

Could be a part of this "problem": VPN wireguard and Adguard Home

Ok.
As I mentioned yesterday I plan to replace Pi (Pihole + WG Server) and FB router by MT6000.
The Pi was DNS of FB and I can see local and VPN hostnames in the Pihole log...
There is no showstopper for the MT6000 so far (except for the “mesh” theme)

Thanks a lot Aaron
Neuro