X3000 Manual search for mobile communications

Is it possible to do a manual search for a mobile phone provider?
So if I’m abroad and want to look for another provider?

Yes, but you have to use carrier profiles or manual locking.

Read this as well:

You misunderstood that, my provider in Germany is o2, but when I travel to other EU countries, I can choose which provider I want! When I do this on my Android phone it looks like my screenshot! Does this also work with the X3000 and if so, how? The post was about blocking an operator, I don’t want that! I just want to choose which provider I want to connect to!

Nah, it’s exactly about what you want.

Blocking one provider (and choosing another one) is the same as choosing which one you would like to use. Since blocking doesn’t exist.

Im Grunde ist es ganz einfach: Du musst Dich für einen Provider entscheiden und dies entsprechend in den Modem-Einstellungen (bzw. dem Modem-Profil) setzen. Ich habe keinen X3000, aber soweit ich das im Forum bis jetzt gelesen habe, funktioniert dies nicht wie auf einem Handy. Ein Auswahlmenü existiert nicht, das Gerät wählt sich in das beste zugelassene Netz ein.

Wenn Du das steuern willst, sind die Modem-Profile “the way to go”.
Hier gibt es ein ähnliches Szenario: Cellular Network Provider manually change

OK then I’ll see if I can get any further with this, thank you very much! My English is bad, so I can’t search in the forum!

1 Like

Kein Problem :slight_smile:

Ich kann Dir www.deepl.com empfehlen, das übersetzt hervorragend zwischen Englisch<->Deutsch. Gibt es auch als Plug-in direkt für den PC, macht es noch ein bisschen einfacher!

1 Like

I would then need this for an Android tablet, I always use Google’s translator

I’m stuck, how do I know which provider it is and how can I choose who the router should connect to?