Flint 2 (GL-MT6000 ) - bug reports - collective thread

So, it’s changing nothing?

Like I said, it’s bugged, I don’t know if it changed or not, aren’t you the guy who does basic math calculations? See if it has changed and let us know.

1 Like

I’m not understanding…
Here you said that it’s changing:

I tested it, and it’s not changing. This is why I asked.

Isn’t what changing, my dear friend from southern Brazil? the channels or the power? Because the channels here do change, just the power, which I can’t confirm, but you’ve confirmed it to us now.

Thanks, now we are on the same page… It’s not changing :+1:

I’m finding the same problem on firmware 4.5.7 (2024-03-11)

Does anyone know how I can have Wireguard VPN client enabled (IPv4) with VPN policy based on client devices (only 2 devices in Lan use VPN) + IPv6 Passthrough for the router ?

It seems when Wireguard client is active, IPv6 doesn’t work.

1 Like

40mhz mode is not enabled by default

still having the same problem, but not on earlier versions, I think when flashing this firmware, something isnt resetting, ie its leaving an old file behind or my MT6000 is just borked, I have tried everything, 40mhz, 80mhz 160mhz, non of them will use the 100+ channels on this firmware, but previous versions do.

On my other end, I have no problem with this. I just keep reconfiguring my router every update even if its the same version and different release number. Im currently using 144 and didn’t dropped aside from a sudden bug when the signal on 5ghz was fluctuating and keeping and dashboard a bit laggy but a simple reboot fixed it and didn’t happen again. (4.5.7 rel 6)

hi,japa182,Thank you for sharing,
Q1: Factory configuration is ['cronloglevel=“10”] ,If you have set anything in the Luci system interface,it will become ['cronloglevel=“5”], That’s the reason for the “This configuration always comes back”.
Q2: MT6000 fixed in 4.5.7 r6.
Q3: Repairing.

1 Like

Yah same here, wireguard breaks ipv6

When IPv6 is enabled, WAN interfaces such as Ethernet will get their IPv6 addresses via DHCPv6. You can also modify the IPv6 address manually in the Ethernet settings page. Some features (firewall, VPN, client list, GoodCloud) do not yet support IPv6.
Note: If you use functions of both VPN and IPv6 at the same time, it’s likely to cause IPv6 data leakage.

Yeah I saw that in the IPv6 page, however if you connect to a VPN that uses the WAN’s IPv4 interface only, IPv6 via passthrough should still work.

1 Like

Ive sold my Flint 2 and gone back to my Flint 1, way too many issues with this one so I wont be adding much to this thread anymore, i’ll just be keeping an eye on it every now and then to see if things ever get fixed, personally im starting to think its a hardware issue and wondering if it will ever get fixed with firmware.

Don’t let the door hit you…

Doesn’t seem like a hardware problem. Immature drivers + immature firmware = many issues.

Giving up on Flint 2 before they become unsellable. A poor product. Quality assurance has been lacking from the start.

1 Like

Im still happy with the Flint 2👍, even if im a early adopter of using experimental hardware the stuff it can do is awesome especially for WED, and the disk space.

Currently i run two, a self compiled version with kernel 6.6 not the oem firmware as isp router, and i check if the wireless performance has been changed and a other one with 4.5.7 which i use as dumbap.

I got to say i yesterday compiled r25541-af860c4dbf and the stability for 802.11Ax on 2.4ghz was alot more improved for the first time i managed to go above 100mb/s and reached 175mb/s download on my Poco X6 pro device, but its still not the speed what i expect comparing to the 4.5.7 firmware, i did not checked if the range was improved.

1 Like

I’m going to stick with the Flint 2 for now. 4.5.4 hasn’t been too bad and I’m waiting for 4.5.7 to be stable. I have faith in GL.iNet to get the firmware issues sorted out.

2 Likes

4.5.4 has been solid for me as well.
Other than the slower(100Mbps) 2.4ghz, which is mainly used by my IOT devices so not really an issue.

Running Adguard Home, Wireguard Server, Dual Wan, and around 40 connected devices.

1 Like