Use a LAN port as additional WAN (WAN2)? Possible?

I have an MT1300 and AXT1800. Both devices have 1 WAN port and 2 LAN ports. I have a scenario where I would prefer to use one of the two LAN ports as a second WAN (WAN2).

Is this possible?

My scenario is that I have a Cable modem and DSL modem and would like two hardwired connections to both from the GL-iNET device. Currently I would have to use one hardwired connection and a wireless connection to get a multi-WAN failover scenario to work.

:gl_emoji_dizzy:I do not work for and I am not directly associated with GL.iNet :gl_emoji_shacking:

I do not work for and I do not have formal association with GL.iNet

2 Likes

I’m familiar with using VLANs in OpenWRT (tagged/VID and untagged/PVID), and depending on the type of device involved it can become very complex.

Since this is a feature that requires advanced knowledge to implement then I’d like to make a feature request to be able to change a LAN port to a WAN2 port. It’s extremely easy to go the other way - it’s just a button-click on the web interface to change the WAN port into an additional LAN port. But it seems that enough folks would like to use a LAN port as a WAN2 port that a one-click button to enable the reverse would be desirable.

Thanks

3 Likes