How to expand the "disk space" of gl router by exroot?

It can its possible to expand the available “disk space” of gp router, by using exroot.

So long the support of exroot not offered by firmware as offered auto mode, its interesting, how to do this step by step by normal users by hand.

Follow some sources about this:

How to implement exroot auto setup on openwrt devices:
" openwrt-auto-extroot can be used to build a custom firmware image that will automatically format and set up extroot on any plugged-in, but not yet setup storage device. The primary audience of this project is developers, who can use it to build customized firmware images for their applications, but advanced users should also be able to build a firmware by just running its build script as-is."
Source : [OpenWrt Wiki] Image Builder frontends

A searched are a how to, for user which are no firmware developer…

2 Likes

Now I have seen, they are 22 time are spoken about exroot on gl forum:

It can its possible to expand the available “disk space” of gp router, by using exroot.

So long the support of exroot not offered by firmware as offered auto mode, its interesting, how to do this step by step by normal users by hand.

Hello!

Now extroot very easy to do with function Mount Point in Luci>System>Mount Point in firmware 3.201-

easy, install block-mount and setup via luci, system > mount point
restart

hi, I have 3.201 on my MT-1300 and this system > mount point option in Luci is not there.

ETA: reboot fixed this, but now there appears to be no package I can install to give me the ability to format volumes?

Assuming ext4, you’d want to install e2fsprogs.

Greate! Its helpfull!

2 Likes